Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Help with Discounted Plans Configuration

14 years 3 days ago #144212 by angelicrevolt
Help with Discounted Plans Configuration was created by angelicrevolt
Ok, I get it that there are no coupons, and the proposed workaround is "secret" plans with discounted rates that have to be provided via URL.

If that is the case, how do I configure the "secret" plan so that is is not proposed for upgrades "unless needed for access"

Being that it is a duplicate plan with the same access restrictions, it is proposed right along with the standard non-discounted plan when a user attempts to access the restricted area.

I have tried every configuration that I can think of but not having success.

What I need to happen is for regular surfers to be proposed the standard plan with standard pricing when trying to access a restricted area, and for the discounted plan NOT TO SHOW UP.

And, I need for users following the discounted plan's url to be able to see the plan proposed at registration.

What am i missing here?

Thank you,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 2 days ago #144276 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Help with Discounted Plans Configuration

Being that it is a duplicate plan with the same access restrictions, it is proposed right along with the standard non-discounted plan when a user attempts to access the restricted area.

Correct, no workaround for this. You can't use URL only. It will show on pages that require the plan for access. You could use CSS however to hide the plan from the selection list.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #144512 by angelicrevolt
Replied by angelicrevolt on topic Re:Help with Discounted Plans Configuration
Hi Krileon,

Thank you for the reply.

I need a little help achieving this. The only thing I can think of here is to display:none the plan input id, which I don't think is what you are referring to.

What do I need to do? And, once done, will this not also hide the plan when the intended user visits that plan url?

Thank you!

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 11 months ago #144514 by krileon

I need a little help achieving this. The only thing I can think of here is to display:none the plan input id, which I don't think is what you are referring to.

You'd need to hide the entire container such as DIV or table row.

What do I need to do? And, once done, will this not also hide the plan when the intended user visits that plan url?

Probably, but you'll need to examine the page with Firebug for Firefox to see if there is a unique parent element or class to ensure it only applies the CSS to all locations except direct URL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #144525 by angelicrevolt
Replied by angelicrevolt on topic Re:Help with Discounted Plans Configuration
I did inspect via firebug upon your first recommendation to use css. There are no unique parent elements or classes.

Being that cbsubs is encrypted, I would assume there is no way to create them either?

Perhaps there is another way to skin this cat.

Bottom line is I need to be able to provide the same restricted content to one group that pays full price and one group that pays a discounted rate, without advertising the discounted rate to everyone.

Those that have access to the discounted rate only have access via the plan url after purchasing a mobile app.

My only hangup is the fact that this discounted plan shows to anyone who wants to upgrade to view content when trying to access that content.

There HAS to be some way to achieve this functionality.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 11 months ago #144531 by krileon

There HAS to be some way to achieve this functionality.

Sorry, there isn't as far as I am aware. What you're needing is some sort of coupon system which we have plans to implement. You could make your plan available only at registration and confirm it to require moderator approval (I recommend before payment) so only users you accept can subscribe to the plan for the time being.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon