Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Trial to full

13 years 11 months ago #144965 by kraziekris
Trial to full was created by kraziekris
Hi, im in 2 minds about buying subs as i have brought many joomla membership componants that are not good.

It seems joomla's limitations for cron and scheduling is the reason.

My question which may sway me to buy is this.

If i setup a trial subscription like say £1 for 7 days full membership can this automatically change to 97 a month after the initial 1 week expires?

Also if i have a silver member paying me 47 a month, how could they upgrade to gold which unlocks more of site and costs 97 a month?

Thanks

chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 11 months ago #144996 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Trial to full

If i setup a trial subscription like say £1 for 7 days full membership can this automatically change to 97 a month after the initial 1 week expires?

Yes, each subscription plan can have an initial duration and price as well as regular duration and price. Initial duration and price is of course optional. Once the initial duration is over the user will be asked to pay for the regular duration and price; it is NOT legal to automatically charge the user the new price/duration so they must (when asked) "renew" their subscription to the full price.

Also if i have a silver member paying me 47 a month, how could they upgrade to gold which unlocks more of site and costs 97 a month?

All you need is 2 subscription plans and if configured correctly the user simply upgrades to the better plan. This can be setup a number of ways with either a parent plan and 2 child plans or 2 parent plans that are exclusive or non-exclusive, etc.. just depends on which you prefer.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon