Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Preorder Functionality

• laxon
  • laxon
13 years 11 months ago #146014 by laxon
Preorder Functionality was created by laxon
Hello I am currently working on a website that requires preorder functionality. I am shopping around for possible components and so far the best solution seems to be a subscription that allows access to content. The content will become available upon release.

Naturally I am looking at CBSubs as it would integrate well with the webste.

That being said, I would like someone to give me some tips on how to set CBSubs up to fit this preorder functionality.

A couple of points that are necessary to keep in mind:

The user absolutely cannot share the link to download the content with anyone. This means that the downloadable file that will appear when the product is released has to have security that will prevent sharing the file via a direct link.

The subscription will last indefinitely to give them the profile badge of being a 'supporter' of the project.

If you can advise me on how to best set this up with CBsubs I will gladly purchase the component.

[As a note I am not a novice front end developer and have used Joomla for numerous projects, I just don't know the scope of the CBsubs component and am unwilling to pay the full cost before it can be verified that it is actually usable for this case.]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 11 months ago #146029 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Preorder Functionality
laxon wrote:

Hello I am currently working on a website that requires preorder functionality. I am shopping around for possible components and so far the best solution seems to be a subscription that allows access to content. The content will become available upon release.

Naturally I am looking at CBSubs as it would integrate well with the webste.

That being said, I would like someone to give me some tips on how to set CBSubs up to fit this preorder functionality.

A couple of points that are necessary to keep in mind:

The user absolutely cannot share the link to download the content with anyone. This means that the downloadable file that will appear when the product is released has to have security that will prevent sharing the file via a direct link.

The subscription will last indefinitely to give them the profile badge of being a 'supporter' of the project.

If you can advise me on how to best set this up with CBsubs I will gladly purchase the component.

[As a note I am not a novice front end developer and have used Joomla for numerous projects, I just don't know the scope of the CBsubs component and am unwilling to pay the full cost before it can be verified that it is actually usable for this case.]

You can use DOCman component to handle the download part (DOCman has anti-leaching) and CBSubs can add/remove users to the DOCman group when subscription starts/ends.

CBSubs also has a profile images integration plugin that handles the badge part.

Both features can be experienced on our CBSubs demo site:

cbsubs1.cbdemosites.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon