Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Do my existing free users count

• nemos
  • nemos
13 years 11 months ago #146082 by nemos
Do my existing free users count was created by nemos
I am developing 3 sites using CB. One is almost ready to go "Live"

I am assuming the forum and gallery plugings I am using will be compatable with CB Subs since they work so well in my CB??

My Main Question is:

The 1st Site is almost complete and I of course have Test Users and eventually intend that 70% of of the users on my site will be Free at least in the beginning phases and I would release the Paid Subscriptions in Limited Blocks to keep my ratio.

The Site will allow users to Register Free and submit stories, articles and artwork for publication. These users will have "Author" privleges and thier submissions will be subject to approval before work is published.

I would like to integrate a "Priemium" user group that would be granted "Publisher" permissions and be able to "Direct Publish" after registration.

From what I read I think this is possible with CB Subs
by creating User Groups, BUT....

My question is will my CB Subs let me open and close the Subscriptions as I need and will I have to pay for my existing and future free users??
In other words if I buy a 2000 user licence with CB Subs will that include all my users or only the paid ones?
It's a little fuzzy to me.

I Love CB and have used it for many years on many sites.

Good Work!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 11 months ago #146094 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Do my existing free users count
nemos wrote:

In other words if I buy a 2000 user licence with CB Subs will that include all my users or only the paid ones?
It's a little fuzzy to me.

I Love CB and have used it for many years on many sites.

Good Work!

CBSubs license is based on ALL users - the number of rows in the joomla user table is use. This means every user of your website is taken into account.

Hope its clear now.

Regarding the other use case description you might want to also see other publication alternatives (example K2) that might give you better control of who can do what.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon