Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Questions before purchase

13 years 10 months ago #147498 by msourcegeorge
Questions before purchase was created by msourcegeorge
Hello,

I'm working on a site that sells subscriptions, digital downloads, and regular products. I need a solution that can handle all three and that will offer additional products to them right on the screen based on the check boxes they select during the ordering process. These additional products may be upgrades to their subscription, a digital file, or a physical product to be shipped. Can CBSubs fully integrate with or act as a shopping cart handling all these items? Also, with regard to licensing, we have site users who register through community builder for a free account right now. Does the software distinguish between free users and paid users with regard to how many user license we need? Thank you!

George

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 10 months ago #147596 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Questions before purchase

act as a shopping cart handling all these items?

No. CBSubs does not provide a shopping cart fimilar to that of sites like Amazon, etc.. CBSubs is first and foremost a subscription management extension. While "Merchandise" plans are capable of being created there is no quantity controls or shipping and handling type capabilities.

The best approach is to use CBSubs to handle your subscriptions and use Virtuemart to handle your products. You can use CBSubs to provide paid access to Docman where you'd distribute your digital goods.

Also, with regard to licensing, we have site users who register through community builder for a free account right now. Does the software distinguish between free users and paid users with regard to how many user license we need?

No, your CBSubs license is for users total; whether paid or free does not matter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon