Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Question before buying

• redphocus
  • redphocus
13 years 9 months ago #149889 by redphocus
Question before buying was created by redphocus
hello,

i have some questions before i will buy cbsubs...

1st)
can cbsubs handle the following?
i want to have members with cost free subscription and pay-members.
payd members should have a full profile with all user fields. cost free members should hava a limited profile with only some tabs/fields.

- for this i need the option that only payd members will be able to edit some of their own profile fields.

- the cost free subscription group must be prevented to edit special fields. (so that i can use the standard CB -hide empty field/tabs in profile- option)

- or this special fields must be hidden in the profiles of the cost free members. but they still must be able to view this fields of the payd members.

2nd)
the subscription of the payd members should be time limited... like 30 Dollars for 3 Month access for example.

If the subscription is expired i need that the complete user-profile will be deactivated.
(deactivated means that the profile is not published anymore to the other community/visitors.)

But the user must be able to reavtivate his profile by renewing his subscription bzw. buying a now one.
So if the user have a new/renewed subscription, his profile must be published again to the community/visitors.

3rd)
like i said i try to handle a community with visitors, cost-free-subscribers and payd-subscribers.

cost-free-subscribers will habe only a limited profile with some tabs/fields hidden bzw. edit-prevented.

Only the payd members will be able to publish full profile information (all fields/tabs)

So i see a security hole in my special cases.
If the subscription of the payd members expired it must be prevented that they can choose the cost-free-subscription for renewing.

So the payd subsribers must be prevented to change to the cost-free-subscription option.
(if pay-subscription expire their account will be deactivated until they renew)

otherway, the cost-free-subscribers must be prevented to change to payd-subscribtion.

i hava a special userfield for differenting the groups... (cb_accounttype)

so for example:
if cb_accounttype is value=1 (payd), then the user must only have the option to renew again in pay-subscription (free subscription option musst be hidden for him)

if cb_accounttype is value=2 (free), then the user must only have the option to renew again in free-subscription (payd subscription option musst be hidden for him)
(free subscription should be renewed after a year to sort out inactive users.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 9 months ago #149901 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Question before buying
redphocus wrote:

hello,

i have some questions before i will buy cbsubs...

Moved from General discussion to presales questions area.

1st)
can cbsubs handle the following?
i want to have members with cost free subscription and pay-members.
payd members should have a full profile with all user fields. cost free members should hava a limited profile with only some tabs/fields.

This is doable.

- for this i need the option that only payd members will be able to edit some of their own profile fields.

You can associate a CB field with a CBSubs plan but you cannot change its settings. So if the CB Field is marked to be available and editable then all users that have this field can edit it. Workaround could be to have 2 different fields and a delimiter field that combines them.

- the cost free subscription group must be prevented to edit special fields. (so that i can use the standard CB -hide empty field/tabs in profile- option)

see previous answer.

- or this special fields must be hidden in the profiles of the cost free members. but they still must be able to view this fields of the payd members.

This is doable using the CBSubs tab/field protect integration plugin.

2nd)
the subscription of the payd members should be time limited... like 30 Dollars for 3 Month access for example.

doable.

If the subscription is expired i need that the complete user-profile will be deactivated.
(deactivated means that the profile is not published anymore to the other community/visitors.)

But the user must be able to reavtivate his profile by renewing his subscription bzw. buying a now one.
So if the user have a new/renewed subscription, his profile must be published again to the community/visitors.

You cannot deactivate a profile. But you can force CB/CBSubs users to require them to have an active subscription (paid or free). Once subscription expires then users will be disabled (means can no longer login to website and their profile is not shown in CB User list.

3rd)
like i said i try to handle a community with visitors, cost-free-subscribers and payd-subscribers.

cost-free-subscribers will habe only a limited profile with some tabs/fields hidden bzw. edit-prevented.

Only the payd members will be able to publish full profile information (all fields/tabs)

So i see a security hole in my special cases.
If the subscription of the payd members expired it must be prevented that they can choose the cost-free-subscription for renewing.

So the payd subsribers must be prevented to change to the cost-free-subscription option.
(if pay-subscription expire their account will be deactivated until they renew)

I guess you can specify that the free plan is not proposed as an upgrade and only proposed during registration.

otherway, the cost-free-subscribers must be prevented to change to payd-subscribtion.

see previous answer.

i hava a special userfield for differenting the groups... (cb_accounttype)

so for example:
if cb_accounttype is value=1 (payd), then the user must only have the option to renew again in pay-subscription (free subscription option musst be hidden for him)

if cb_accounttype is value=2 (free), then the user must only have the option to renew again in free-subscription (payd subscription option musst be hidden for him)
(free subscription should be renewed after a year to sort out inactive users.

Doesn't work this way - see previous proposal with upgrade/registration settings.

If this is your first time purchase we offer a 30 day refund policy - so suggest you take advantage of this and start testing CBSubs against your use case.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon