Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Integration Questions

• Bcoleman
  • Bcoleman
13 years 9 months ago #150061 by Bcoleman
Integration Questions was created by Bcoleman
I am using a module that is currently able to interact with community builder.

I have a few questions I would like to have answered to see if CBSubs is the solution for us.

1. I would like to hide tabs from a user/customer?

IE: Have a Business Info Tab that a company fills out and is required but not visible/required for a "Regular User"

2. Can Subs allow me to display a specific menu based on the type of subscribition of the user?

IE: Have a Business Menu for when a "Business Customer" logs in, and a "User Menu" for when a Cusotmer logs in. Displaying only one at a time based on the subscription.

3. Have two types of Subscriptions, a User that is free, and a business that is charged?

4. At registration, is there the ability to based on the "Select Box" Subscription chosen, to automatically direct them to a "User Registration" or a "Business Registration"?

Lastly, Can we show/hide menu items based on subscription?

IE: Show "Add Function" to user and not to a "Business Customer".

I appreciate your assistance ahead of time.

Thanks,
Brian Coleman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 9 months ago #150090 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Integration Questions
Bcoleman wrote:

I am using a module that is currently able to interact with community builder.

I have a few questions I would like to have answered to see if CBSubs is the solution for us.

Will try to address questions ...

1. I would like to hide tabs from a user/customer?

IE: Have a Business Info Tab that a company fills out and is required but not visible/required for a "Regular User"

The CBSubs Tab/Fields protection integration plugin allows you to specify which CB fields/Tabs are available to which CBSubs subscribers. There is a high degree of flexibility here so you can do most likely anything you want.

2. Can Subs allow me to display a specific menu based on the type of subscribition of the user?

IE: Have a Business Menu for when a "Business Customer" logs in, and a "User Menu" for when a Cusotmer logs in. Displaying only one at a time based on the subscription.

You can protect a menu module and show it only to members of a specific CBSubs subscription plan.

3. Have two types of Subscriptions, a User that is free, and a business that is charged?

Of course you can.

4. At registration, is there the ability to based on the "Select Box" Subscription chosen, to automatically direct them to a "User Registration" or a "Business Registration"?

You can show/hide CB fields during registration based on selected plan. So the single registration form will alter its appearance when a specific plan is selected on it.

Lastly, Can we show/hide menu items based on subscription?

IE: Show "Add Function" to user and not to a "Business Customer".

No, menu items cannot be hidden - the entire menu can be hidden and a specific menu item can be protected (meaning that even though it is shown, if clicked on by a non-authorized user a message is posted and a subscription plan is proposed).

I appreciate your assistance ahead of time.

Thanks,
Brian Coleman

Hope this helps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon