Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Control Access to Content without charging?

• scarney
  • scarney
13 years 9 months ago #150755 by scarney
I know that CBSubs has a lot of great features..but waht I am interested in now is simply the ability to control access to content. I do not want users to have to sign up for anything and they would not be charged. I have a select invitation only group of users that i would like to create a custom group for and then I would add the users to this group.

This group would then get access to Content ,menus, etc that normal registered users do not get. Is this possible with CBSubs? Or is there a better solution (I have been a CB user for 3 years now and have a large community built but we are looking at a need to protect pages so that only certain users can access them).

I do not want to set these users to one of the default "Special" groups as I don't want them to have access to the administrator area.

Thanks for any help or direction you can give,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #150788 by krileon
This is possible with CBSubs, but you'll need give users a subscription to give them access to restricted content. That subscription doesn't have to have a price of course. Users could remain as "registered", but by way of CBSubs have deeper access then other users by way of plans.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by krileon.

13 years 8 months ago #152479 by SirBowring
Replied by SirBowring on topic Re: Control Access to Content without charging?
Scarney, did you try this out? This is precisely what we want to do, but I don't see much information on CBSUBS as a general ACL package. What's your impression?

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 8 months ago #152744 by krileon

but I don't see much information on CBSUBS as a general ACL package.

CBSubs was designed to allow access controls without having to change ACL. It's more of a "second-layer". So for instance you could have Plan A protecting component Kunena. This would require users to subscribe to Plan A (free or not is up to you) in order to access the forums. Much more is available however and not just basic extension control. More on CBSubs can be found at its new detailed page at the following URL.

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/cbsubs

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon