Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB Subs for sports club membership

• aguaw
  • aguaw
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #151151 by aguaw
Hey - how's things?

We are planning on using CBSubs as a tool for mainly controlling our club membership. With this in mind I was wondering if the following are possible:

1 - Can/Does CB Subs create a membership number (which can be exported by admin for use in club material)?

2 - Are there some quick, easy viewable statistics to see how many people are subscribed to what subscription?

3 - Is it possible to use CB Subs for collecting payment on custom events - such as "Club Dinners" etc?

4 - With "Automate membership upgrade and renewals" - can this be set to send out an email reminders rather than automatically renew?

5 - With Offline payments, I am presuming the memberships approvals need to be made manually - is there a reference code supplied when a person chooses offline?

6 - Can more than one offline payment be used eg. Personal Cheque and Bank Transfer

There will probably be more... :)

Thanks
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 9 months ago #151164 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB Subs for sports club membership

aguaw wrote: Hey - how's things?

We are planning on using CBSubs as a tool for mainly controlling our club membership. With this in mind I was wondering if the following are possible:

Hi there also!
I will try to address as best as possible.

1 - Can/Does CB Subs create a membership number (which can be exported by admin for use in club material)?

Can think of various approaches here...

1a. Use the userid that already exists in Joomla user table and CB comprofiler table.

1b. Use CBSubs SQL integration plugin to add a row to a new membership table you create that automatically calculates/creates a new memberid at the sql level (you might need assistance from a mysql savvy person to do this). You might need to experiment with this to see how feasible it really is.

1c. Develop (or get someone to do it for you) a new CB Field plugin that generates the membership id.

You should be able to export any of the above using phpmyadmin from the database.

2 - Are there some quick, easy viewable statistics to see how many people are subscribed to what subscription?

A number of ways to do this once again.

2a. You can see all Subscriptions from backend CBSubs Subscriptions icon.
2b. You can use existing CB User Manager CBSubs integration to filter off of any CBSubs plan and status.
2c. You can use CBSubs/CB integration to set a value of a CB field when a user subscribes to a plan (and remove setting when subscription ends). This will allow you to create a frontend CB user list containing active subscribers of a plan (documentation has such a use case described).
2d. You can run the Statistic icon report to filter based on a specific plan.
2e. You can export from database (using phpmyadmin) to excel and do your stats there.

3 - Is it possible to use CB Subs for collecting payment on custom events - such as "Club Dinners" etc?

You can configure a merchandise plan to do this I guess. Not sure how will it fits with your requirements.

4 - With "Automate membership upgrade and renewals" - can this be set to send out an email reminders rather than automatically renew?

There is no automatic membership upgrade.
There are recurring payments / subscriptions.
There are also automated emails that can be sent when a plan subscription ends.
Currently there are no reminder emails messages sent before an event happens (this is planned for future CBSubs release - we call it marketing email feature).

5 - With Offline payments, I am presuming the memberships approvals need to be made manually - is there a reference code supplied when a person chooses offline?

The offline payment workflow does present a reference code (called payment slip number) that offline payer needs to provide as a reference when paying.

6 - Can more than one offline payment be used eg. Personal Cheque and Bank Transfer

Of course.

There will probably be more... :)

Thanks

I am fine with that.
You should consider taking advantage of our first purchase 30-day refund policy. This way you can get the package and read the documentation and test it risk-free.

• aguaw
  • aguaw
13 years 9 months ago #151352 by aguaw
Replied by aguaw on topic Re: CB Subs for sports club membership
Great answers nant - thank you

In regards to question 1

1a. Use the userid that already exists in Joomla user table and CB comprofiler table.

Is it possible to search the CB User Manager by ID, or to alter this so it works?

Thanks

• aguaw
  • aguaw
13 years 9 months ago #151355 by aguaw
One more question... is the CBSubs Registration different to the CB registration?

I would need different fields on each?

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 9 months ago #151417 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Subs for sports club membership

Is it possible to search the CB User Manager by ID, or to alter this so it works?

No, the user_id is not an actual field and thus can not be searched on.

One more question... is the CBSubs Registration different to the CB registration?

Same registration process, but plans (if configured to do so) will be displayed for selection.

I would need different fields on each?

No, but you can hide fields on a plan by plan basis if necessary when editing your plans on the Workflows tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• aguaw
  • aguaw
13 years 9 months ago #151514 by aguaw
So just to clarify - I want to keep the forum/Community Builder registration fairly simple to encourage users to register...

but I need to get more information from the users when they subscribe - so a more complex form

Is that possible?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon