Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Extending the service

13 years 9 months ago #151297 by jasonwolter
Extending the service was created by jasonwolter
Hello,

I recently acquired a website that uses CB and CBSubs installed. Which is an amazing system. It seems that the previous owners had purchased CBSubs, however since I have taken over I do not have records indicating the account they used.

I am in current need of extending the service/maintenance for the plug-in being that it is essential the the site operating properly. We are currently running ver. 1.0.1 and experiencing a double charging problem. The same as explained in the thread. 97880-fixedauthorizenet-auto-recuring-1st-payment-2x
I'm in need of upgrading the at the very least 1.0.3 and would like to keep the maintenance extended without having to repurchase the entire service. Is that possible?
I can send more information via email or PM. Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beat
  • beat
13 years 9 months ago #151350 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Extending the service

jasonwolter wrote: Hello,

I recently acquired a website that uses CB and CBSubs installed. Which is an amazing system. It seems that the previous owners had purchased CBSubs, however since I have taken over I do not have records indicating the account they used.

I am in current need of extending the service/maintenance for the plug-in being that it is essential the the site operating properly. We are currently running ver. 1.0.1 and experiencing a double charging problem. The same as explained in the thread. 97880-fixedauthorizenet-auto-recuring-1st-payment-2x
I'm in need of upgrading the at the very least 1.0.3 and would like to keep the maintenance extended without having to repurchase the entire service. Is that possible?
I can send more information via email or PM. Thank you in advance.

The CBsubs license is floating, thus it is given to the owner of the license, and not to the owner of a domain name.

If someone sold you a domain name, that doesn't mean he sold you the CBSubs license, as he could be using it on another domain.

We do recommend when purchasing CBSubs for someone else (e.g. a customer), to open an account for that someone else here, and purchase it from there, so that the the someone else can purchase upgrades and maintenance extensions.

Also, transferring a license from one joomlapolis account to another is a manual process for us and involves authenticating both persons and their will to transfer, that takes time, and for which time we would have to charge.

So: compared to the effort, cost and time involved in a transfer, CBSubs isn't expensive, actually also generally speaking. ;-)

Simplest in your case is really to purchase a new license and just replace the license number in the license number field in CBSubs -> General -> License.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon