Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Non profit membership service organization

• fmounts
  • fmounts
13 years 8 months ago #152415 by fmounts
We are a membership based non profit advocacy organization. We charge $25 for two years membership and we have about 100 members.

Our old paper method of membership management is getting obsolete and hard to track whose subscription is about to expire and mail out letters reminding them to renew their membership. We would like to go digital.

We have registered with google checkout as a non profit which provides us free merchant processing fee, so we do not need to use your donate SUBs feature.

I am considering moving our paper based membership to digital membership management system like yours. However, money is an issue for us.

I want to clarify something: Require CS subscription first then yearly cost for SUB extension? Which means about $200 a year to operate? If that's true, there's no way the board will approve of this costly feature.

Please advise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 8 months ago #152426 by nant

fmounts wrote: We are a membership based non profit advocacy organization. We charge $25 for two years membership and we have about 100 members.

Our old paper method of membership management is getting obsolete and hard to track whose subscription is about to expire and mail out letters reminding them to renew their membership. We would like to go digital.

We have registered with google checkout as a non profit which provides us free merchant processing fee, so we do not need to use your donate SUBs feature.

CBSubs does not currently support Google checkout.

I am considering moving our paper based membership to digital membership management system like yours. However, money is an issue for us.

I want to clarify something: Require CS subscription first then yearly cost for SUB extension? Which means about $200 a year to operate? If that's true, there's no way the board will approve of this costly feature.

Please advise.

CBSubs cost is 95 euro purchase for a 500 user license. The license is a lifetime one - means you can use the CBSubs license you have on the current CBSubs version forever.
The initial license cost also includes a 12 month software maintenance period. This means that you can download any new CBSubs version during the maintenance period and they will also work with your existing license forever. The cost of extra maintenance years is set at 20% (approximate) of your initial license purchase (so for the 95 euro license this would be 95 * 20% = 19 euro). This means that your yearly cost (if you chose to go the maintenance route) will be 19 euros (after the first year).

Hopefully this addresses your question - if not let me know.

• fmounts
  • fmounts
13 years 8 months ago #152428 by fmounts
Let me see if I get this right:

In dollars terms which I converted from euro to dollars:
$179 to start with.
Then $47 a year?

Correct?

• nant
  • nant
13 years 8 months ago #152433 by nant

fmounts wrote: Let me see if I get this right:

In dollars terms which I converted from euro to dollars:
$179 to start with.
Then $47 a year?

Correct?

Assuming the euro to usd conversion rate is 1.37 (which it is today), my calculations show:

$130 to start and then $26 per year (after the first year).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon