Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Joomla 1.6 compatibility and video URL masking

13 years 8 months ago #153423 by chessadrenaline
Joomla 1.6 compatibility and video URL masking was created by chessadrenaline
Hello and thanks for your expertise! I'm running a website that offers informational videos to paid subscribers.

I need the ability to hide the URL of the video if someone were to view the page source.

I understand that only members will be able to access the content, but I don't want someone to subscribe, download all the videos and post them elsewhere.

Does CB have a solution for this?
Why should I choose you guys over Account Expiration Control or OpenSource MSC ( www.opensource-excellence.com/ )? What is the comparative advantage?

I really appreciate and look forward to your response. I'm impressed with Community Builder so far, and if you guys can prevent my videos from being downloaded while working in the Joomla 1.6 environment, I would be happy to buy your product! Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #153437 by chessadrenaline
Replied by chessadrenaline on topic Re: Joomla 1.6 compatibility and video URL masking
Additional presales questions: How would I configure my membership subscription service with SSL? Fatcow is hosting my website.

Does the subscription software also include shopping cart functionality? With community builder, could I set up an online shop? Thanks for your help!

• nant
  • nant
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #153444 by nant

chessadrenaline wrote: Hello and thanks for your expertise! I'm running a website that offers informational videos to paid subscribers.

I need the ability to hide the URL of the video if someone were to view the page source.

I understand that only members will be able to access the content, but I don't want someone to subscribe, download all the videos and post them elsewhere.

Does CB have a solution for this?
Why should I choose you guys over Account Expiration Control or OpenSource MSC ( www.opensource-excellence.com/ )? What is the comparative advantage?

I really appreciate and look forward to your response. I'm impressed with Community Builder so far, and if you guys can prevent my videos from being downloaded while working in the Joomla 1.6 environment, I would be happy to buy your product! Thanks.

Thank you for your questions.

Sorry, I have no experience with the latest AEC or the Opensource MSC product. I cannot comment on these products and how good they are, nor will I get into a debate on what we do better or worse ... it would be a never ending discussion.

Regarding your other URL question, I do not believe there is anything that would hide the video source unless you are using some kind of flash player that has the video source link somehow embedded (not sure such a thing exists).

If you are on a linux hosting then you can put your videos in a folder and use the CBSubs folder protection plugin to add/remove usernames to the htaccess and htpasswrd files of the folder. This way even if the user sees the video URL, he cannot have access to them without using his website credentials. Not sure but I am guessing that the first time the user tries to see such a video embedded in a Joomla article a username/passd popup might appear.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by nant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chessadrenaline

13 years 8 months ago #153450 by chessadrenaline
Replied by chessadrenaline on topic Re: Joomla 1.6 compatibility and video URL masking
Thanks. Will Cb Subs work with Joomla 1.6?

• nant
  • nant
13 years 8 months ago #153457 by nant

chessadrenaline wrote: Thanks. Will Cb Subs work with Joomla 1.6?

At the moment CBSubs has been tested with Joomla 1.5.

Once CB 1.4 is public a new CBSubs version will most likely be released addressing whatever problems are found.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon