Skip to Content Skip to Menu

flexibility of subscription plans

• casweb
  • casweb
13 years 8 months ago #153544 by casweb
flexibility of subscription plans was created by casweb
Hi I'm very interested in using CBsubs on a site i develop for a motoring club. I want to automate (within reason) the application and payment process for new and renewing memberships.

Our membership plan is such that we have a static expiry date for membership each year, so i want to know if i can specify expiry dates for plans, as opposed to saying for plans to be 1/3/6/12 months etc. ie for arguments sake lets say that memberships ran from 1st january to 31st december, i'd want to specify 31st december as the expiry date regardless of the date on which the membership was purchased.

is this possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 8 months ago #153556 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: flexibility of subscription plans

so i want to know if i can specify expiry dates for plans

No, only durations are supported. For static expiration you'd need to use CBSubs SQL Actions to perform a query directly after user subscribes to change their expiration date. We've plans to support custom durations in a later release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• casweb
  • casweb
13 years 8 months ago #153732 by casweb
Replied by casweb on topic Re: flexibility of subscription plans
ok, i know a piece of string can be quite long but any indication of possible release date?

in the meantime, would i be able to withhold the subcription expiry date from those registering online. We would be confirming this in a mailed welcome pack and would be confusing when registering online to be told expires in 1year from registration when there will actually be a fixed expiry date.

i assume as well that admins get email notification of newly subscribed members?

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 8 months ago #153781 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: flexibility of subscription plans

ok, i know a piece of string can be quite long but any indication of possible release date?

Sorry, no we have no release date. It is a top priority feature along with sending emails in advance.

in the meantime, would i be able to withhold the subcription expiry date from those registering online. We would be confirming this in a mailed welcome pack and would be confusing when registering online to be told expires in 1year from registration when there will actually be a fixed expiry date.

You could customize the display so it shows how you'd like it and use CBSubs SQL Actions to set to the specific expiration date.

i assume as well that admins get email notification of newly subscribed members?

Yes, additional emails can be configured with CBSubs Emails integration which allows specifying a To address. You could also specify a CC address for the emails configured on the Presentation tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon