Skip to Content Skip to Menu

can i have multiple types of memberships?

13 years 8 months ago #153698 by williamgibbs
can i have multiple types of memberships? was created by williamgibbs
i have a website for a advertising business startup where companies and individuals advertise on digital screens we have placed at several locations.

what i would like to do is set up where they could sign up on our website and be a "subscribe" to each location, pay online, etc.

1) i want them to have the option for 1, 3, 6, 12 months.
2) i need them to be able to pick multiple "memberships" or "locations" to subscribe to or
a membership package of 1 location, 2 locations, 5 locations, etc. and in the subscription process have them be able to select the locations they want to be at.
3) i would like to be able to bill monthly, and take paypal, etc and so on.

can i do this with cbsubs?

the website is digitaladvertise.me

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 8 months ago #153779 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: can i have multiple types of memberships?

1) i want them to have the option for 1, 3, 6, 12 months.

This is very possible. For example your plans could be setup as follows

Plan 1 (free, lifetime, exclusive)
- Plan 1a ($$, 1 month, exclusive)
- Plan 1b ($$, 3 months, exclusive)
- Plan 1c ($$, 6 months, exclusive)
- Plan 1d ($$, 1 year, exclusive)

Plan 1 is a parent plan with plans a-d being child plans of plan 1. This would mean Plan 1 is more of a "category" and where you'd put the description of what the subscription provides for example.

2) i need them to be able to pick multiple "memberships" or "locations" to subscribe to or a membership package of 1 location, 2 locations, 5 locations, etc. and in the subscription process have them be able to select the locations they want to be at.

You'd have to have a Plan for each location and depending on the amount of locations as well as having 4 pricing options for each location this could mean dozens maybe hundreds of plans.. likely you should reconsider the subscription setup to more intuitive and not require so many plans.

3) i would like to be able to bill monthly, and take paypal, etc and so on.

Of course this is possible. Paypal is just one of the many gateways we support. If you wish to bill monthly then your plan would need to be month by month.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: williamgibbs

13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #155103 by williamgibbs
Replied by williamgibbs on topic Re: can i have multiple types of memberships?
Thanks i am closer to implementing this at this time... just a few last questions...

1) When a customer subscribes, does it have to charge them immediately or is this something i can manually process later? artwork and other factors can delay when the customers advertising campaign might start, and i do not want billing to start until then.

2) Can the membership date be a specific start date, such as either the 1st or 15th of the month? This will just make it easier for me to have a set cycle of 2 billing dates a month.

3) Regarding number 2 on my very first post and your answer.... As an example say we have 20 locations. The customer chooses a package of 5 locations to advertise at using whatever monthly rate that would be. Then I would need some type of option or checboxes for them to select the 5 "options" or "locations" to advertise at, if that makes sense. Does that sound like the best way to handle that? Is it possible to do it that way? This is going to be the toughest part is the setup of this plan and how to make it work fairly and effectively without overwhelming the customer. I might be over / under thinking the setup of the subscriptions here....

4) Can i manually insert customers and memberships, start dates, etc if they didnt sign up online but as a result of a sales call, etc? (this would be the case a lot i believe)

Bascially im trying to port this part of the business model to a subscription system of some kind to make it easier to run without manually keeping up with it. Its the biggest pain of getting this off the ground.

Thanks.

William
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by williamgibbs.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 7 months ago #155243 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: can i have multiple types of memberships?

1) When a customer subscribes, does it have to charge them immediately or is this something i can manually process later? artwork and other factors can delay when the customers advertising campaign might start, and i do not want billing to start until then.

Believe only way to delay payment and plan activation is by using Offline gateway which would require user to send cash or check. Aside from that it's all instant.

2) Can the membership date be a specific start date, such as either the 1st or 15th of the month? This will just make it easier for me to have a set cycle of 2 billing dates a month.

No, start dates are not provided. Might be something for a later release, but currently not possible.

3) Regarding number 2 on my very first post and your answer.... As an example say we have 20 locations. The customer chooses a package of 5 locations to advertise at using whatever monthly rate that would be. Then I would need some type of option or checboxes for them to select the 5 "options" or "locations" to advertise at, if that makes sense. Does that sound like the best way to handle that? Is it possible to do it that way? This is going to be the toughest part is the setup of this plan and how to make it work fairly and effectively without overwhelming the customer. I might be over / under thinking the setup of the subscriptions here....

If you need users to specify 1 location per plan then yes you'd need 5 plans for the user to specify 5 locations. If the locations are static it would be easiest to use a drop-down multi-select fieldtype where you specify the locations and they simply select the ones they want, but you won't be able to limit the number they select based on plan.

4) Can i manually insert customers and memberships, start dates, etc if they didnt sign up online but as a result of a sales call, etc? (this would be the case a lot i believe)

You can add users directly from CB backend User Management. You can also give them a subscription of your choice from here as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon