Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Before I buy this product ....

• MIROSTA
  • MIROSTA
13 years 8 months ago #153743 by MIROSTA
Before I buy this product .... was created by MIROSTA
Hello friends ...

I have a few questions before I register to the ADVANCED Plan (which contains CBSUBS, correct?) because I don't need this tool for me but for my "customer":

I am running a community based on CB in Joomla 1.5. I like to have 2 payment plans .. one is for "free"(FEMALES) and the other one is for a "once payment for lifetime membership" (MALE) .

Both categories of users should have access to that community but the MALE group which has to pay normally should be limited by e.g. writing and receiving messages (I use uddelM for the messaging)
This should only be available for the FEMALE group (which is free) of users and should for the "PAYING GROUP" (MALE) only be unlimited available as soon as the pay the membership fee once.

Do you think I can handle these requirements with CBSubs ?
Is there a describtion available than how to set that up ?
Is the modul of CBSubs also available in german ?
Is it difficult to establish my requirements ?

Any comment on my questions could help in my decission.... I am pretty sure

THANK YOU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #153748 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Before I buy this product ....

MIROSTA wrote: Hello friends ...

I have a few questions before I register to the ADVANCED Plan (which contains CBSUBS, correct?) because I don't need this tool for me but for my "customer":

NO - this is not correct.
CBSubs is a separate product and is not part of the Advanced Membership.

Please tell us why you thought it is included in the Advanced Membership so we can make it even clearer.

I am running a community based on CB in Joomla 1.5. I like to have 2 payment plans .. one is for "free"(FEMALES) and the other one is for a "once payment for lifetime membership" (MALE) .

So far this is doable with CBSubs.

Both categories of users should have access to that community but the MALE group which has to pay normally should be limited by e.g. writing and receiving messages (I use uddelM for the messaging)

So males pay and are limited ... strange concept ...

This should only be available for the FEMALE group (which is free) of users and should for the "PAYING GROUP" (MALE) only be unlimited available as soon as the pay the membership fee once.

So it sounds like you want 3 groups - FEMALE, MALE-FREE and MALE-PAID.

CBSubs can restrict/grant access to any Joomla content (articles, modules, menu items, components), but it cannot magically add features to these components - like limiting the number of messages allowed in usseIM.

You can use the CBSubs URL-parts protection to not allow certain aspects of a component. For example, check our Advanced/Professional forum areas. You can read the threads, but you are not allowed to respond to them in anyway. This is done with CBSubs URL-parts protection.

Do you think I can handle these requirements with CBSubs ?
Is there a describtion available than how to set that up ?
Is the modul of CBSubs also available in german ?
Is it difficult to establish my requirements ?

Any comment on my questions could help in my decission.... I am pretty sure

THANK YOU

CBSubs supports language plugins and manual has instructions to create your own.
I believe that there is a German CBSubs language plugin (not sure how up-to date it is).
Hopefully, you have a better understanding of CBSubs now.

The CBSubs manual is over 400 pages and contains many use case examples that will help you configure your use case.

And if needed Joomlapolis offers professional installation services also.

Hope this helps - waiting for your clarification regarding thinking that advanced membership includes CBSubs license.

[moved thread to presales area as it is clearly a presales question]
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by nant.

• MIROSTA
  • MIROSTA
13 years 8 months ago #153756 by MIROSTA
Replied by MIROSTA on topic Re: Before I buy this product ....
Dear Nick

I am sorry to confuse you .. maybe with my english ;-)

I need TWO groups :

FEMALES are free and everything is completely useable and not limited

MALES have to pay ONCE ! ... They should have access to the community in general to have a first look but as soon as they like to send a messag for example to another user it should be limited only if they have paid the plan ! Better understandable now ? SORRY

And thought that CBSUbs is a part of the 15 mentioned extensions in the ADVANCED package ... maybe I was confused or was reading that too fast
So what is the price for CBSubs please ?

Thank you Nick

• nant
  • nant
13 years 8 months ago #153769 by nant

MIROSTA wrote: Dear Nick

I am sorry to confuse you .. maybe with my english ;-)

I need TWO groups :

FEMALES are free and everything is completely useable and not limited

MALES have to pay ONCE ! ... They should have access to the community in general to have a first look but as soon as they like to send a messag for example to another user it should be limited only if they have paid the plan ! Better understandable now ? SORRY

This still means you have 3 classes of users.

Male users that can browse parts of the site.
Male users that have paid and can do everything.
Female users that can do everything.

And thought that CBSUbs is a part of the 15 mentioned extensions in the ADVANCED package ... maybe I was confused or was reading that too fast
So what is the price for CBSubs please ?

Thank you Nick

CBSubs pricing is on the CBSubs page (see pricing tab):

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/cbsubs

• MIROSTA
  • MIROSTA
13 years 8 months ago #153828 by MIROSTA
Replied by MIROSTA on topic Re: Before I buy this product ....
Thank you Nick

so I understand that you think these 3 groups are possible to establish in my CB with CBSubs ?

Is there a kind of automatic which I can set up if a MALE pays to "jump" to the other group (in combination with PAYPAL) or do I have to control that manually ?

• nant
  • nant
13 years 8 months ago #153840 by nant

MIROSTA wrote: Thank you Nick

so I understand that you think these 3 groups are possible to establish in my CB with CBSubs ?

Is there a kind of automatic which I can set up if a MALE pays to "jump" to the other group (in combination with PAYPAL) or do I have to control that manually ?

Of course - people can upgrade plans if so configured.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MIROSTA

Moderators: beatnantkrileon