Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Membership Trees

• masse001
  • masse001
13 years 8 months ago #154612 by masse001
Membership Trees was created by masse001
Hi,

I'm considering CB Subs for a client I am working with. The are a large association that has several churches as part of their network. They want the ability to sign up individual churches for a monthly fee. Then each individual church wants to be able to have their members sign up under their specific church (they may or may not charge the individual church members). The important thing is that the church leaders are able to group and track their members.

It is an affiliate-like system but there is no need to track commissions. Does your system support this type of membership tree or grouping?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 8 months ago #154629 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Membership Trees
You would need a Plan for each Church in order to do this. Users would then select which church they belong to. Users would then sign up for this church (free or not) as seen fit. You could have an additional plan for church associate where they pay to have their church made available (would need to be manually monitored).

Another option is to have a single plan and a single field. You then have another plan, a free one such as Church Member and a field called My Church, that hides this field. This field could be called Church (required), this plan also hides My Church, now you'll need CBSubs SQL Actions to perform a query to add Church to the drop-down list of the field My Church on plan activation. This would mean users subscribing to your plan would have their church added to the list that users may select.

Numerous options are available; it's simply up to you as to which you prefer and its implementation.

CBSubs does no affiliate tracking, but we do support PostAfPro and iDevAff integration which are affiliate tracking software.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• masse001
  • masse001
13 years 8 months ago #154633 by masse001
Replied by masse001 on topic Re: Membership Trees
Thanks for the quick response. It sounds like no matter which way we go their would need to be some manual monitoring correct?

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 8 months ago #154638 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Membership Trees

masse001 wrote: Thanks for the quick response. It sounds like no matter which way we go their would need to be some manual monitoring correct?

With my second suggestion it would be completely automated. Basically a church owner would pay to have their church added to the drop-down field of My Church where the user would select the one the belong to. All done automatically though CBSubs (and usage of CBSubs SQL Actions to add to the drop-down) with the usage of only 2 fields. You could choose to charge users or not with this method by making the proposed free plan not free, but wouldn't be on a church by church basis.

There are of course other options possible, but it's really a matter of trial and error until you've a desired configuration; regardless I believe what you're requesting is possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon