Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Restricting access in the backend control panel

• jross
  • jross
  • Add-ons
13 years 8 months ago #154796 by jross
Before I buy CB Subs, i would like to know if it is possible to do the following.

I have 7 regional coordinators that have access to all 1200 users within CB User Manager. Each regional coordinator has about 200 members within their region which is desiginated in the user profile by the field cb_regions.

I would like each regional coordinator to have access exclusively to only their 200 users profiles only, not all 1200. Can CB Subs help with creating this backend user profile access restriction?

Thanks - JR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 7 months ago #154807 by nant

• jross
  • jross
  • Add-ons
13 years 7 months ago #154952 by jross
Hi, thanks for the reply. I was looking through the CB Subs manual and came across the following on page 299. Can this functionality help me? Does Tab Protection relate to frontend or backend.

If the existing CB Subs can't provide the functionality, what would be the best way to go about creating it? Can a custom plugin be written that would do the job? I would not want to mess with the core code as its too hard to keep track of when the CB upgrades come along.

10 Working with the CB Fields and Tabs Protection Plugin
The CBSubs Fields Tabs Protect plugin we installed back in Chapter 7.13 operates in a different manner compared with other CBSubs™ integration plugins. This plugin appears from a user interface perspective as extra parameters available in CB Fields management and CB Tabs management areas when editing CB fields and CB Tabs. All CB fields and Tabs (even core CB ones and Tabs created by third party CB plugins) will inherit these parameters. We will be discussing these parameters in the remaining part of this chapter focusing on CB Tabs but everything is also applicable for CB fields.
Before we start describing this rather difficult concept we need to understand right off the bat that by default CB Tabs and CB Fields are automatically available to all user profiles. Correction: if a user is in the same CMS ACL group (or above) as the restriction placed on the CB Tab („User Group to allow access to:‟), then by default the CB Tab (and all CB Fields in it) are available for this user. This is our starting point.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 7 months ago #155069 by krileon

Does Tab Protection relate to frontend or backend.

Frontend only, believe no part of CBSubs will allow protection of backend. It's possible CBSubs Content by url part usage MAY, but can't say for sure as never tried.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jross
  • jross
  • Add-ons
13 years 7 months ago #155076 by jross
OK, thabnks for that.

Do you think it is possible to write a plugin that will provide the functionality I need? Would it be a difficult / a big job?

JR

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 7 months ago #155245 by krileon

jross wrote: OK, thabnks for that.

Do you think it is possible to write a plugin that will provide the functionality I need? Would it be a difficult / a big job?

JR

CBSubs is protected so not likely. If you do direct database queries to check a users plan then certainly. You'd need to develop it as a system plugin. Add an IF check so it only functions on backend then simply check a users URL and if it's one you don't want them in, check subscription, if not subscribed, redirect to XYZ.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon