Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Private maintenance for public info

• gregwsmi
  • gregwsmi
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #156423 by gregwsmi
Private maintenance for public info was created by gregwsmi
Hi,
I'd like to use CB/CBSubs for a local shopping dining guide. Businesses would subscribe (terms TBD) and with the subscription they would have access to editing their profile and posting promotions (I'm hoping to use CB Eventlist extension) which would be searchable by map, search, index. etc. With a template change and sniffer offering desktop/mobile versions.
The simplest part of this, I can't find info/confirmation on.
Will the CB/CBSubs combo let me give the businesses password controlled maintenance of their details and promos that are then visible to anyone and everyone online?
Thanks,
Greg
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 7 months ago #156497 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Private maintenance for public info
CBSubs is capable of protecting fields/tabs based on subscription. This means you could limit users from editing Field A unless they're subscribed to Plan A. From sounds of your needs CBSubs will be more then capable of doing what you're wanting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• gregwsmi
  • gregwsmi
13 years 7 months ago #156498 by gregwsmi
Replied by gregwsmi on topic Re: Private maintenance for public info
Thanks. I think I described my circumstance poorly though.

This will be a guide to local businesses. The businesses will have to pay (subscribe) to be included.

I want the subscribed businesses to log in and edit their information and promotions.

I want all of this information (well, not the details of the businesses subscription, of course) to be accessible to the public.

From what you say, though, this should not be a problem. Please confirm.

Thanks again,
Greg

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 7 months ago #156505 by krileon

I want all of this information (well, not the details of the businesses subscription, of course) to be accessible to the public.

You could display this information in a userlist or you could use professional subscriber incubator project CB Content Bot which allows substitutions in Joomla articles and give each user their own article (you'd have to manually set this up of course). Something a long those lines. Bottom line is you've options available based on how you want this setup.

As for your subscription needs and payment needs it sounds as if CBSubs can meet them. Description being somewhat vague makes it a bit hard to provide more details. I can't guarantee CBSubs will be sufficient to meet what you envision as I don't want to discourage you but often what users see in their head is simply not practical or possible. So as long as you head in with realistic expectations I don't see a problem. On a side note you're offered a 30 day money back guarantee if not satisfied!

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gregwsmi

• gregwsmi
  • gregwsmi
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #162300 by gregwsmi
Replied by gregwsmi on topic Re: Private maintenance for public info
Several months later... (it seems like months anyway)

I've got my site up and running, with multiple businesses entered (as "users" by me via the backend) and displayed to the public. They are the sponsors and members of the local event being advertised.

I'd like to take this type site to the next level, charging the businesses to be included. The inclusion of their information on the site and their ability to log in and edit and add details would be handled by CBSubs. EDIT: In other words, when the subscription expires, that business' (user's) information no longer appears on the site.

The functioning site is up at tarrytownthirdfriday.com

Access to the information by the public would remain as it is today - free without any log in or subscription.

With this site up and running now, is it possible to confirm that CBSubs would work for this?

Thanks again for your input.
Greg
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by gregwsmi. Reason: Clarification

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 5 months ago #162723 by krileon
CBSubs is capable of providing what you're wanting via CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection integration. This would allow show/hiding of profile information based off the profile owners active subscription. If they lack a subscription for instance you could hide various fields and/or tabs. As far as restricting login that wouldn't work as they wouldn't be able to pay renewals for their subscriptions without being able to login.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon