Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Private maintenance for public info

• gregwsmi
  • gregwsmi
13 years 5 months ago #162777 by gregwsmi
Replied by gregwsmi on topic Re: Private maintenance for public info
That is great news. Thanks.
To clarify, when you say that the Field Tabs Protection could show or hide various fields or tabs, could that be used to completely hide the profile from all menus and searches, etc. rendering that user (business) completely invisible on the site until they login and pay their renewal fees?
Thanks again for your continuing help on this.
-Greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 5 months ago #163108 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Private maintenance for public info

could that be used to completely hide the profile from all menus and searches, etc. rendering that user (business) completely invisible on the site until they login and pay their renewal fees?

To an extent yes, but you can't remove their entire profile. You could certainly hide all the relevant fields of their profile however such as contact details and such. CBSubs can't protect dynamically a specific users entire profile however; just fields and tabs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gregwsmi

• gregwsmi
  • gregwsmi
13 years 4 months ago #165765 by gregwsmi
Replied by gregwsmi on topic Re: Private maintenance for public info
(I'm still working on this proposal)

Having gotten the greenlight to start this project - the client is now super enthusiastic about J!1.6.

I see that CB is compatible and that CBSubs is mostly compatible but, I've can't find a page on the site that details which CBSubs functions are and aren't compatible.

And I see a few moderators who are recommending sticking with J!1.5 for now.

Is there a page that details the latest CBSubs version and known compatibility issues?

Do you see any holes in my plan if I use J!1.6?

Do you recommend one way or the other?

Thanks again (again),
Greg

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 4 months ago #166112 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Private maintenance for public info
As far as I am aware the only issues regarding CBSubs and J1.6 is primarily ACL related, which is more of a CB issue then anything. I can't confidently recommend you use J1.6. There's simply too many issues currently within CBs core even regarding J1.6. If you do choose to use J1.6 then I recommend using 1.6.1, which is an older release, but CB 1.4 was released shortly after 1.6.1 as stable on 1.6. With release of 1.6.2 and 1.6.3 Joomla has broken many aspects of CB (we're not the only developers either). I highly recommend advising your client away from 1.6 and continuing with 1.5 until 1.7 has released (1.6 is more or less a Beta for 1.7).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon