Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Newbie question before buying

13 years 7 months ago #156515 by goodoboy25
Newbie question before buying was created by goodoboy25
Hello, I am fan of Joomla and working on my website. I have a question before I buy the CB plugin and start getting my hands dirty.

1. I have a customize application (in development stage) that will allow students to create flashcards and quiz. Each student will have a profile that shows flashcards they created, a profile picture, and have the ability to add another user's flashcards to their profile. Can JomSocial accomplish this for my website? Registered users will enter questions and answers (like this: quizlet.com/create_set/ ) form and this data will save in a database. Whats confusing me is how will my customize application intergrate with CB to make this happen. Can you explain? Are there any limitations?

2. In the user profile (My Profile) can I modify CB to show a list of flashcards created by the user. Like this: quizlet.com/user/jmargile/

3. Can I modify CB to show a module with the latest flashcards created as well.

Thanks for the help. Any questions/comments/suggestions are welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 7 months ago #156536 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Newbie question before buying

goodoboy25 wrote: Hello, I am fan of Joomla and working on my website. I have a question before I buy the CB plugin and start getting my hands dirty.

1. I have a customize application (in development stage) that will allow students to create flashcards and quiz. Each student will have a profile that shows flashcards they created, a profile picture, and have the ability to add another user's flashcards to their profile. Can JomSocial accomplish this for my website? Registered users will enter questions and answers (like this: quizlet.com/create_set/ ) form and this data will save in a database. Whats confusing me is how will my customize application intergrate with CB to make this happen. Can you explain? Are there any limitations?

Community Builder (not JomSocial!) can integrate with other applications using the CB API to develop a CB plugin that would grab data from the other application and display it in a tab/field. There is nothing out of the box that universally integrates with every application.

2. In the user profile (My Profile) can I modify CB to show a list of flashcards created by the user. Like this: quizlet.com/user/jmargile/

Same answer - you (or someone) would need to develop a CB Plugin to do this.

3. Can I modify CB to show a module with the latest flashcards created as well.

You would need to develop a module to do this.

Thanks for the help. Any questions/comments/suggestions are welcome.

You posted in the CBSubs presales area - but your questions have nothing to do with CBSubs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon