Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Feature questions

• RBGoldie
  • RBGoldie
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #157236 by RBGoldie
Feature questions was created by RBGoldie
I am selling a service that requires several features.

1. The users must select a service plan (several options) and a maintenance plan (several options). But they must select both. It is sort of similar to requiring a shipping method.

2. The several options for each are really payment options, one time, 12 month, 24 months. So, depending on what a user selects, there may be reoccurring payments.

3. The payment date should not be immediate, but rather based on a 'start date' indicated by the user, which can be modified in the backend, if necessary. Similar to charging someone when something ships.

4. Users should be able to login to their account to update credit card info or change payment plan (pay in less time).

5. Need to add customers on the backend if they call to start their service instead of using online form.

6. Would like to add a gift registry so friends and family can pay money towards an account.

Eager to know how many of these features you can support and whether this is compatible with 1.6. Thanks.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by RBGoldie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 7 months ago #157458 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Feature questions

1. The users must select a service plan (several options) and a maintenance plan (several options). But they must select both. It is sort of similar to requiring a shipping method.

You could do this by having 2 parent plans as non-exclusive and all the child plans of those 2 parent plans as exclusive. This would require them to select both and select 1 option for each. There's multiple ways to achieve your setup, it's simply trial and error.

2. The several options for each are really payment options, one time, 12 month, 24 months. So, depending on what a user selects, there may be reoccurring payments.

Completely possible as you can have different durations (from available drop-down select of durations) and plans can be single payment or recurring on a plan by plan basis.

3. The payment date should not be immediate, but rather based on a 'start date' indicated by the user, which can be modified in the backend, if necessary. Similar to charging someone when something ships.

CBSubs has no support for this, the date of activation is immediate to when they purchase. I suppose you could use Offline gateway and require user to send check/cash and that'd delay activation.

4. Users should be able to login to their account to update credit card info or change payment plan (pay in less time).

CBSubs stores no such credit card data. Once a subscription is made, they must cancel and resubscribe to change the info. If you use PayPal payment gateway a user would just change this info on their PayPal account.

5. Need to add customers on the backend if they call to start their service instead of using online form.

Backend user and subscription management is entirely possible, simply edit them via CB user management.

6. Would like to add a gift registry so friends and family can pay money towards an account.

There's no gifting system in place making this not possible, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• RBGoldie
  • RBGoldie
13 years 7 months ago #157464 by RBGoldie
Replied by RBGoldie on topic Re: Feature questions
Are you available to do customization in order to address some of these requirements?

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 7 months ago #157573 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Feature questions

RBGoldie wrote: Are you available to do customization in order to address some of these requirements?

We do not provide customized CBSubs packages, sorry. If you're meaning to have someone install CBSubs for you then yes we offer install services which can be purchased from the Subscription tab found in your profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon