Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] 1.5 or 1.6 Recommendation

• robbied
  • robbied
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #159968 by robbied
[SOLVED] 1.5 or 1.6 Recommendation was created by robbied
Hello there,

I've used Joomla for quite a while but have never needed to use Community Builder until now. The timing of this job isn't great - by the looks of things core CB has been upgraded to 1.6 but many of the plugins have not.

This job will need to take advantage of many of the plugins and I can't decide whether to go for it with 1.6 (hoping that the plugins will be upgraded, or that I can upgrade them myself) or play it safe and use 1.5.

Does anyone have any opinions? I'm all for moving on and moving up but I'm worried that it's far too soon and I'll end up having a nightmare with 1.6 at this stage.

Thanks for any help,

Robbie.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 6 months ago #159970 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: 1.5 or 1.6 Recommendation

robbied wrote: Hello there,

I've used Joomla for quite a while but have never needed to use Community Builder until now. The timing of this job isn't great - by the looks of things core CB has been upgraded to 1.6 but many of the plugins have not.

All CB Team released plugins will work fine with CB 1.4 on any Joomla platform.

This job will need to take advantage of many of the plugins and I can't decide whether to go for it with 1.6 (hoping that the plugins will be upgraded, or that I can upgrade them myself) or play it safe and use 1.5.

Does anyone have any opinions? I'm all for moving on and moving up but I'm worried that it's far too soon and I'll end up having a nightmare with 1.6 at this stage.

Thanks for any help,

Robbie.

My personal opinion is that if I have something serious to do I would not do it on Joomla 1.6.1 - would wait at least until 1.6.4 and at that time I would evaluate if it is worth the effort because 1.7 would be close.

I would stick with 1.5.22 until 1.7 comes out.

• robbied
  • robbied
13 years 6 months ago #159972 by robbied
Replied by robbied on topic Re: 1.5 or 1.6 Recommendation
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the quick reply. And thanks for the answer too - I'll be honest, that was exactly what I wanted to hear. It is a serious job, so I'll be prudent and stick to the tried and tested.

Much obliged for your input, look forward to getting stuck into Community Builder.

Cheers,

Robbie.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon