Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Group memberships

• ssghuman
  • ssghuman
13 years 6 months ago #160743 by ssghuman
Group memberships was created by ssghuman
Does CBSubs handle group memberships? We need to track memberships for firms, all users who belong to the firm will have access to the plan purchased by the firm. Obviously this would require some form of moderator or administrator to manage the subscription purchase or renewals etc as well as manage membership within the firm. Perhaps an integration with Groupjive?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 6 months ago #161136 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Group memberships
CBSubs comes with an integrate for GJ 1.8. It is not yet ready for GJ 2.x, but will be with next release. To manage subscription purchases you'd likely need to use Offline payments as all online payments such as through PayPal are completely automated. Offline payments requires user to mail in cash/check or pay by whatever means you specify in the instructions followed by a admin paying the basket from backend when payment is received.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• ssghuman
  • ssghuman
13 years 6 months ago #161218 by ssghuman
Replied by ssghuman on topic Re: Group memberships
Thank you for the response.

The offline payment model is probably what we will end up doing anyway so that is fine. Could you clarify a little more how the rest of the functionality would (or could be made to) work
- Can subscriptions (one or more) be applied at the group level
- Are the GroupJive groups integrated with Joomla ACL groups so we can manage things like content access based on the subscription status for the group. (as an example, this could be achieved if all group members from subscribed groups were placed in a certain Joomla ACL group and members of non-subscribed groups were placed in another one)
- What would happen when subscription expired for the group. Would the group users automatically lose access to subscription based content

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 6 months ago #161411 by krileon

- Can subscriptions (one or more) be applied at the group level

Don't understand what you mean by this, please clarify. Do you mean at ACL level such as Registered, Author, etc.. If this is the case then yes plans can be made available to specific usergroups or alter the users usergroup based off subscription.

- Are the GroupJive groups integrated with Joomla ACL groups so we can manage things like content access based on the subscription status for the group. (as an example, this could be achieved if all group members from subscribed groups were placed in a certain Joomla ACL group and members of non-subscribed groups were placed in another one)

No, groupjive is not an ACL extension. Think of Groups like on Facebook or other social sites. ACL control of content already exists in Joomla without need of CB or CBSubs so don't understand the need. CB does not support custom ACL outside of J1.6 where it is native to the CMS.

- What would happen when subscription expired for the group. Would the group users automatically lose access to subscription based content

When a users subscription expires they immediately lose any privileges that subscription provides and would be prompted to renew.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• ssghuman
  • ssghuman
13 years 6 months ago #161592 by ssghuman
Replied by ssghuman on topic Re: Group memberships
Hi Kyle,

First, thank you for your response.

Let me give an example of what we are trying to achieve.

Lets say we have the following Joomla ACL groups that have been used to secure content
- Public
- Registered
- Silver
- Gold

Silver and Gold status can be achieved through purchasing an appropriate subscription plan. This is where the caveat comes in - we need to provide the ability to purchase these subscriptions at a firm level and automatically have them apply to all users within that firm. In other words, the Joomla ACL group for all users within the firm that buys the subscription should be set to the appropriate access level.

Having said that, the obvious problem is that Joomla doesn't have a "firm" construct which can be used to group users. So the question is whether GroupJive can be used to achieve this.

Regards

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 5 months ago #162016 by krileon

we need to provide the ability to purchase these subscriptions at a firm level and automatically have them apply to all users within that firm. In other words, the Joomla ACL group for all users within the firm that buys the subscription should be set to the appropriate access level.

CBSubs can not do this, it's designed to provide subscription to the paying user and no other.

So the question is whether GroupJive can be used to achieve this.

No, GroupJive is designed for social aspects similar to what you see on other social sites regarding Groups. It has no barring on ACL or anything of the sorts.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon