Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] would CB be able to do all of this ?

• maxaxe
  • maxaxe
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #161147 by maxaxe
Hi Folks,

I have to build a huge website ... and I've been considering the use of CB to make it. Could someone let me know if CB will be able to do all of the following or would I need additional components?

1 - Membership and signup
2 - A personal profile page for each paying member
3 - Non paying members will only be able to see and comment on others profiles and pictures and videos
4 - Paying members will be able to participate in certain contests
5 - The membership fee may be annual or per contest
6 - There will be a pot system for each contest as the number of participants increases the money in the pot increases.
7 - The site needs to have a comment system for each contest
8 - Voting system is required for each contest
9 - The site will have multiple contests running side by side
10 - Integrated paypal payment system for memberships and other purchases
11 - Video upload system only for paying members
12 - A Market section with a full fledged shipping cart where people can buy promoted products.

Any help is appreciated... this would be the biggest project I've done so far
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 6 months ago #161406 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: would CB be able to do all of this ?

1 - Membership and signup

CBSubs offers subscription management solution. CB it self handles registration where subscriptions can also be obtained from with assistance of CBSubs.

2 - A personal profile page for each paying member

CB offers each user their own profile where their field data can be displayed.

3 - Non paying members will only be able to see and comment on others profiles and pictures and videos

Free subscriptions and paid subscriptions alike can limit many different aspects of your site whether through URL, database queries, or one of the many integrations. Please note CBSubs can NOT add features to an extension that do not exist.

4 - Paying members will be able to participate in certain contests

No idea how you're managing contests but if participation is through say navigating to a URL then certainly.

5 - The membership fee may be annual or per contest

Subscriptions can have various durations from a pre-defined drop-down list or you could use merchant plan types for 1 time purchases. You could also allow subscriptions to be repeat purchases.

6 - There will be a pot system for each contest as the number of participants increases the money in the pot increases.

CB nor CBSubs has anything as such. I suppose you could write a module to calculate the total subscriptions via database query and add their totals.

7 - The site needs to have a comment system for each contest

With a subscription you could use CB ProfileBook to offer a Wall on users profiles for them to comment to one another. As for contest commenting, no idea as I've no clue how you're handling contests. If through Joomla articles then you'll need a Joomla comment extension. At any rate, no CB does not offer contests or anything of the sort.

8 - Voting system is required for each contest

No, CB nor CBSubs do not have contest system.

10 - Integrated paypal payment system for memberships and other purchases

CBSubs uses payment gateways and PayPal is one of them.

12 - A Market section with a full fledged shipping cart where people can buy promoted products.

CBSubs is a subscription management and not a digital distribution store. I recommend VirtueMart for this.

Please review the below links for information regarding what CB and CBSubs does.

www.joomlapolis.com/community-builder
www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/cbsubs

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• maxaxe
  • maxaxe
13 years 6 months ago #161442 by maxaxe
Replied by maxaxe on topic Re: would CB be able to do all of this ?
Thanks Krileon,

Now I'll just have to look at other components for the voting and figure out how to get the pot system working. Thanks for a nicely detailed reply.

Regards
MaxAxe

Moderators: beatnantkrileon