Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Will this work?

• kennedypd
  • kennedypd
13 years 5 months ago #161910 by kennedypd
Will this work? was created by kennedypd
I have a site where I would like this process to happen. Can someone let me know if this is possible as I cannot seem to get a trial of the subs application and don't want to waste money as other components will do this.

Company registers and info goes into CB
Company add products (from within CB profile?) they have available and these are put into SOBI and linked to CB profile.
Some companies could have 200+ products.
Need Free Silver Gold type subscriptions.

Public will be able to find products through the sobi directory and the details page will have link back to CB Profile.

Any assistance much appreciated
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 5 months ago #162023 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Will this work?
If SOBI allows said companies to add products then sure you could use CBSubs to allow only those subscribed to add new products. Likely need to use CBSubs Content integration and its By URL Part protection to protect the URL responsible for adding products (such as a New or Add button?).

As far as linking to and from CB profiles this has nothing to do with CBSubs or CB. You'd need a CB plugin to display their products on their profile and for linking from SOBI to their profile you'd need SOBI to support this or some sort of plugin (if available) for SOBI. Recommend checking Joomla.org to see if any are already available.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon