Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Mercantile Directory

• DonCablo
  • DonCablo
13 years 5 months ago #162588 by DonCablo
Mercantile Directory was created by DonCablo
Hi,

I`m using Joomla 1.6.3 and I have installed CB today. My plan is to build up a service to offline stores giving them the opportunity to register and add their store details (name, pictures, address, offers and so forth). Ideally all data and zip code is searchable by website users. Basic registration should be free but provides not all fields like for e.g. offers.

So, how can I handle this:-)? Is the directory module the right choice?

Thx
Andreas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 5 months ago #162707 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Mercantile Directory
CB really isn't designed to be a directory. It can be used as such by having profiles being directory entries I suppose, but perhaps you'd want to review mostree or some other directory based extension. Not sure how you want CBSubs interact with all this however as would need more details. Truly most sites are "trial and error".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• DonCablo
  • DonCablo
13 years 5 months ago #162713 by DonCablo
Replied by DonCablo on topic Re: Mercantile Directory
Thank you for your quick reply! Whats about this Directory Tool listed in the area CB Solutions. Isn`t this like mostree, or am I wrong? For me it is important to be able to demand a fee for the entries made by the merchants and the possibility to add individual fields and of course a nice design. But most important is that there is a payment solution (PayPal for example) included.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 5 months ago #163107 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Mercantile Directory
The directory we're using on Joomlapolis is mostree, this has nothing to do with CBs release however. It's possible for CBSubs using By URL Part protection to charge for certain aspects of mostree usage. As far as adding custom fields I do not know as do not have experience with mostree. CBSubs out of the box supports PayPal.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon