Skip to Content Skip to Menu

one time purchase?

• crmas
  • crmas
13 years 5 months ago #162627 by crmas
one time purchase? was created by crmas
Is CB a one time purchase? ie. I buy it, get 12 months support then choose whether to renew the support only, but can continue using the module in my website? ie. not like JoomlaLMS where I have to pay every year just to use the software? Please confirm as I am a little confused by he wording in the Pro pricing "1 year for € 75.- (? $ 111.-)"

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 5 months ago #162634 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: one time purchase?

crmas wrote: Is CB a one time purchase? ie. I buy it, get 12 months support then choose whether to renew the support only, but can continue using the module in my website? ie. not like JoomlaLMS where I have to pay every year just to use the software? Please confirm as I am a little confused by he wording in the Pro pricing "1 year for € 75.- (? $ 111.-)"

Thanks.

CB is free - there is no fee to download.

If you are referring to CBSubs, then the answer is that the CBSubs license you purchase is a lifetime license and you can use it forever.

Every new CBSubs license purchase includes a one year maintenance period. This means that any CBSubs versions released within that year will also work with your CBSubs license.

If you let your maintenance period expire, then you cannot use your license with newer CBSubs versions. But the license will continue to work with older CBSubs versions (released before your maintenance period expired).

So, your incentive to keep your maintenance period updated is to be able to use your already purchased license with future CBSubs releases. Otherwise the license will still work (forever) with older versions.

Hope that is clear.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon