Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Members limit & pricing plan

• Battra
  • Battra
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #163917 by Battra
Any help with below questions is appreciated before I decide if CBSubs is the right component to use for my client.

1) If I buy CBSubs - Beginner, what happens when 5001st member try to register? Rejected? Will CBSubs notify admin if the limit is to be hit soon, or is there any warning/message displayed on the backend?

2) I will have 2 types of membership, Full and Associate. Full Members can supply their business details during registration, Associate Members can't. Can I use CB Query to trigger insertion of their business details into SOBI2 database tables? Does CB Query support conditional logic, e.g. if membership = full then execute SQL.

3) Does CB Query support nested SQL commands, e.g. INSERT INTO table SET column = (SELECT something FROM another_table WHERE condition1) WHERE condition2

4) I have extra option for membership, e.g. if they are overseas members there will be additional $X added to the membership price. Does CBSubs support this? For example:
1. Full Membership - $50
2. Associate Membership - $30
3. Overseas Member - extra $10
If user choose Full Membership + Overseas their total will be $60, etc.

5) I posted a question in CB forum but no response so far, can someone help? - www.joomlapolis.com/forum/145-community-builder/163155-auto-generate-numeric-username#163721

6) Can I have an auto-increment field in CBSubs' custom field?

7) Can I set some fields to be visible to users but not editable when they edit the profile. For example, there is a field that will be populated manually by admin after registration. User can see this in their profile but can't edit.

TIA!
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 5 months ago #163919 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Members limit & pricing plan

Battra wrote: Any help with below questions is appreciated before I decide if CBSubs is the right component to use for my client.

Will try to address as best as possible.

1) If I buy CBSubs - Beginner, what happens when 5001st member try to register? Rejected? Will CBSubs notify admin if the limit is to be hit soon, or is there any warning/message displayed on the backend?

As the user count approaches license limit the user admin will receive email warnings and backend messages. This way there will be ample time to upgrade to next level by paying the license cost difference (suggest if you are purchasing for a client to use a new Joomlapolis username account so you can transfer over to client afterwards). Even if limit is hit, things will continue to work for some time in order to not lose new customers. But at some point after license limit CBSubs backend will lock.

2) I will have 2 types of membership, Full and Associate. Full Members can supply their business details during registration, Associate Members can't. Can I use CB Query to trigger insertion of their business details into SOBI2 database tables? Does CB Query support conditional logic, e.g. if membership = full then execute SQL.

With CBSubs you can hide/show various registration fields depending on plan shown.
If I understand the question correctly, you can certainly use the CBSubs SQL integration to perform a query and insert CB field data to SOBI2 database tables. This way query can be executed only for one plan subscription.

3) Does CB Query support nested SQL commands, e.g. INSERT INTO table SET column = (SELECT something FROM another_table WHERE condition1) WHERE condition2

I believe CBSubs SQL integration and CB Query (Incubator project) both support such statements.

4) I have extra option for membership, e.g. if they are overseas members there will be additional $X added to the membership price. Does CBSubs support this? For example:
1. Full Membership - $50
2. Associate Membership - $30
3. Overseas Member - extra $10
If user choose Full Membership + Overseas their total will be $60, etc.

I believe this will be possible with the smart promotions add-on to be released for CBSubs 1.2 (currently in testing). You might also be able to do same thing using CBSubs tax plugin (already included in CBSubs 1.1.2).

5) I posted a question in CB forum but no response so far, can someone help? - www.joomlapolis.com/forum/145-community-builder/163155-auto-generate-numeric-username#163721

Will try and respond later to this.

6) Can I have an auto-increment field in CBSubs' custom field?

There is no CBSubs custom field.
I assume you can setup a CB integer field and make it read only and then modify the comprofiler table to make it auto-increment. You would have to test this.

7) Can I set some fields to be visible to users but not editable when they edit the profile. For example, there is a field that will be populated manually by admin after registration. User can see this in their profile but can't edit.

TIA!

Standard CB feature - just make field to be read-only.

• Battra
  • Battra
13 years 5 months ago #163921 by Battra
Replied by Battra on topic Re: Members limit & pricing plan

nant wrote: I believe CBSubs SQL integration and CB Query (Incubator project) both support such statements.

What's the difference between SQL integration and CB Query, and when should I use one over the other? All along I thought they are the same.

I believe this will be possible with the smart promotions add-on to be released for CBSubs 1.2 (currently in testing). You might also be able to do same thing using CBSubs tax plugin (already included in CBSubs 1.1.2).

Any planned release date for CBSubs 1.2? I assume I can change the wording of the tax plugin so it doesn't show as tax, correct?

Will try and respond later to this.

Thanks!

There is no CBSubs custom field.
I assume you can setup a CB integer field and make it read only and then modify the comprofiler table to make it auto-increment. You would have to test this.

Noted.

Many thanks for your quick reply. Looks good so far!

• nant
  • nant
13 years 5 months ago #163951 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Members limit & pricing plan
CBSubs SQL integration triggers when a CBSubs related event happens (example new subscription). This is the main difference between it an the CB Queries plugin offered to Professional members.

CBSubs 1.2 should be release this month (but please don't quote me on this).

Yes, you can change wording on TAX plugin. Please note that "oversees" status is really based on what user states in a country field.

• Battra
  • Battra
13 years 5 months ago #164062 by Battra
Replied by Battra on topic Re: Members limit & pricing plan

nant wrote: Yes, you can change wording on TAX plugin. Please note that "oversees" status is really based on what user states in a country field.

Noted. My client's business in local in Australia so anything else is considered overseas.

• richiebee
  • richiebee
12 years 10 months ago #183096 by richiebee
Replied by richiebee on topic Re: Members limit & pricing plan
is their a way to have the field editable by administrators only?

TIA!

Standard CB feature - just make field to be read-only.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon