Skip to Content Skip to Menu

A Question

• Limited
  • Limited
13 years 5 months ago #164218 by Limited
A Question was created by Limited
I want to be able to break down the Membership into three catagories

Free (Registerd) with limited access to the Site. Basic function is a few Forums, No PM (UddIM) and No CB but the basic Profile info such as Basic CB1.4

Premium Silver gives access to most all the forum, PM (UddIM) Some CB Functions such as Jive (Limited Public Groups) Wall, no access to File or Video or Pic Sharing

Premium Gold Gets it all

Will SUBS do this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 5 months ago #164338 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: A Question

Limited wrote: I want to be able to break down the Membership into three catagories

Free (Registerd) with limited access to the Site. Basic function is a few Forums, No PM (UddIM) and No CB but the basic Profile info such as Basic CB1.4

Premium Silver gives access to most all the forum, PM (UddIM) Some CB Functions such as Jive (Limited Public Groups) Wall, no access to File or Video or Pic Sharing

Premium Gold Gets it all

Will SUBS do this?

Not sure what you mean by no CB.

With CBSubs you can have a free plan and a premium plan.

You can also specify that premium plan subscribers have access to specific components (example uddeIM). You can also use URL-Parts integration to restrict access to specific forum areas (like we do on this site with Kunena forum and Professional, Advanced forum areas, where everyone can read and only subscribers can post).

I guess GroupJive can also be restricted in a similar fashion using URL parts (although I have not tried this).

• Limited
  • Limited
13 years 5 months ago #164425 by Limited
Replied by Limited on topic Re: A Question
Thanks Nant

I thought I could do this with Joomla new 1.6 ACL. It appears I cannot (Bugs) So I am possibly looking to fuly convert to 1.5 joomla and use CBsubs Something I was trying to avoid for now, simply becaause of the cost.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 4 months ago #164802 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: A Question
CBSubs can't protect individual CB plugins meaning you couldn't hide/disable GroupJive Wall for 1 group of subscribers then enable it for another. This would require a new integration for GJ to check users subscription before rendering the wall integration (something you could add directly to source as GJ is not encoded). Suppose you could protect the save URL of the wall integration and would ask them to subscribe on submit of a wall post however, but is not very user friendly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Limited
  • Limited
13 years 4 months ago #164803 by Limited
Replied by Limited on topic Re: A Question
;) Ya I am finding out it is not as easy as I want it to be. I simply want two groups Paid and Not. Paid get full access to Advanced Features while Free get some.

Got to think this one through...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon