Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Can I import existing subscriptions from AEC

• prestonfm
  • prestonfm
13 years 4 months ago #165114 by prestonfm
I've been using AEC for the past 2 years. Before switching, it's very important that I keep my existing subscriptions. Is there any way to convert them?

Also, will I be billed at my current membership counts or is it for new members that sign up from here on out?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 4 months ago #165118 by nant

prestonfm wrote: I've been using AEC for the past 2 years. Before switching, it's very important that I keep my existing subscriptions. Is there any way to convert them?

Also, will I be billed at my current membership counts or is it for new members that sign up from here on out?

We do not have a migration script to automatically grab subscriptions from other extensions (not our policy), however we do have an import function that can be used to initialize subscriptions from a text file. So if you can create a text file (comma delimited) with your userid,planid,start-date data (from your current environment) this can be used to get started in CBSubs. I have personally used this process and it works fine. Please note that if you have auto-recurring subscriptions these will need to be re-established by each user upon first renewal.

I do not understand the membership count question. I am assuming its related to license pricing. If so, the cbsubs license depends on the current user count (number of rows in your joomla user table) and not on number of subscriptions or income or anything like that.

• ThePiston
  • ThePiston
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #172243 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Re: Can I import existing subscriptions from AEC
I will be doing this also soon. I'm assuming CBsubs will create the correct expiration date based on the start-date from the text file?

**I'd like to ask for a small checkbox on the import page to "Silence Welcome and Expiration Emails". If we're importing members from another system, there's no need to send these out. I had to delete all of those emails, import, and then redo them all. Kind of a pain.

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by ThePiston.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 months ago #172459 by krileon

I'm assuming CBsubs will create the correct expiration date based on the start-date from the text file?

Yes, the expiration date is calculated from the start date.

**I'd like to ask for a small checkbox on the import page to "Silence Welcome and Expiration Emails". If we're importing members from another system, there's no need to send these out. I had to delete all of those emails, import, and then redo them all. Kind of a pain.

CBSubs doesn't send such emails, it also only imports subscriptions and not actual users; you need to use CB Juice to import users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• ThePiston
  • ThePiston
13 years 2 months ago #172464 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Re: Can I import existing subscriptions from AEC
yeah, they were already members, I was only importing subscriptions. It did send out emails though. It sent out welcome emails and if the date used in the import was over a year ago, it sent out expiration emails too.

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 months ago #172483 by krileon
Ah, I see; yes it does send the CBSubs emails. I've added a feature ticket for your request.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon