Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Can I import existing subscriptions from AEC

13 years 1 month ago #174591 by freedomcoach
Replied by freedomcoach on topic Re: Can I import existing subscriptions from AEC
Hi Everyone:

I'm following this same process of converting from AEC to CBSubs. Fortunately, all my current users are either on a free unlimited subscription OR they were manually entered so AEC so it is not presently controlling any of my subscriptions.

This being the case, I'm assuming that I can create new "subscription plans" or equivalent with CBSubs and manually add my existing users into them. Is this correct? If necessary, I can ask my current free users to sign up for a new CBSubs subscription.

I am not concerned with managing subscriptions for my present users with paypal. I just want to be able to start new paid subscriptions from this point forward with new users. Once my new system is set up and current users manually entered, I'm assuming that it is okay then to uninstall AEC.

I'd appreciate feedback on my transition plan and any items I should be aware of.

My last question pertains to what AEC calls micro-integrations. This is where subscription plans affect aspects of other components. One simple example is restricting DocMan downloads based a particular subscription. I'm guessing that CBSubs has an equivalent feature. I'd like to know how it works, how CBSubs integrates with components such as DT Register, DocMan, Kunena, RSFormPro. Thanks!

i'm looking forward to getting CBSubs working on my site and being an active member of this community here.

Sincerely,
Howard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 1 month ago #174601 by nant

freedomcoach wrote: Hi Everyone:

I'm following this same process of converting from AEC to CBSubs. Fortunately, all my current users are either on a free unlimited subscription OR they were manually entered so AEC so it is not presently controlling any of my subscriptions.

So no payment gateway is involved.

This being the case, I'm assuming that I can create new "subscription plans" or equivalent with CBSubs and manually add my existing users into them. Is this correct? If necessary, I can ask my current free users to sign up for a new CBSubs subscription.

Yes you can.
After you create your CBSubs plan you can manually visit each user profile from backend and assign them one-by-one to the new CBSubs plan.
You can also your the CBSubs Import function to do a mass assignment (so you do not have to manually do this one-by-one). The mass import works with a text file containing all the userid you want to assign to a cbsubs plan.

This is explained in the CBSubs documentation.

I am not concerned with managing subscriptions for my present users with paypal. I just want to be able to start new paid subscriptions from this point forward with new users. Once my new system is set up and current users manually entered, I'm assuming that it is okay then to uninstall AEC.

I would prepare an excel sheet with your current AEC information (what plan each user has). Then I would totally uninstall AEC and make sure the Joomla and CB files have not been modified (AEC had in the past hacked Joomla and CB - not sure if it still does).

Once you are in a clean state (make sure to backup during each step), you can install and configure CBSubs and then use the excel sheet you created to import users into their initial CBSubs plan state.

I'd appreciate feedback on my transition plan and any items I should be aware of.

Moving from AEC is not difficult -just needs careful planning and execution.
We have done a number of such migrations as part of our professional services offering.

My last question pertains to what AEC calls micro-integrations. This is where subscription plans affect aspects of other components. One simple example is restricting DocMan downloads based a particular subscription. I'm guessing that CBSubs has an equivalent feature. I'd like to know how it works, how CBSubs integrates with components such as DT Register, DocMan, Kunena, RSFormPro. Thanks!

i'm looking forward to getting CBSubs working on my site and being an active member of this community here.

Sincerely,
Howard

There are many integration plugins included in CBSubs.
DOCman exists.
Kunena can be protected using the URL-parts protection (as used on this site in our Advanced and Professional support forums - just try to post there and you will see).
Not familiar with the other 2 extensions, however CBSubs can block access to any extensions and require subscription to access.

You can also use CBSubs SQL integration plugin to add information to other extension database tables (various such integrations are posted by users in the forums).

Hope I have addressed most of your concerns.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon