Skip to Content Skip to Menu

"Buy this user a gift" fuction - how to make this?

• chrzanek
  • chrzanek
13 years 4 months ago #166041 by chrzanek
Hello,
This is my first time in here :)
I'm planning to start a site where I want to give a function to unregistered members to buy some gifts to registered members. There should be a gifts icons on profile page and "buy gift" button that shold go to payment page and then the gifts are going to user account.
I know that probably there is no ready addon for that, but how to make it most easy? What will be best addon to modify?
Thanks for any help
Regards
Chrzanek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 4 months ago #166056 by nant

chrzanek wrote: Hello,

Welcome to our forums.
I moved your post to our CBSubs presales area as I believe CBSubs is closest to addressing your issue.

I'm planning to start a site where I want to give a function to unregistered members to buy some gifts to registered members. There should be a gifts icons on profile page and "buy gift" button that shold go to payment page and then the gifts are going to user account.
I know that probably there is no ready addon for that, but how to make it most easy? What will be best addon to modify?
Thanks for any help
Regards
Chrzanek

I do not believe that this is currently possible but I have some doubts as your description is not 100% clear.

Are these "gifts" items that can be purchased on the same website?

• chrzanek
  • chrzanek
13 years 4 months ago #166059 by chrzanek

nant wrote:

chrzanek wrote: Hello,

Welcome to our forums.
I moved your post to our CBSubs presales area as I believe CBSubs is closest to addressing your issue.

nant wrote:
I do not believe that this is currently possible but I have some doubts as your description is not 100% clear.

Are these "gifts" items that can be purchased on the same website?

These will be virtual gifts, like in GiftsExchange or jGifts, but payed by real money and by unregistered users.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 4 months ago #166115 by krileon
It's not possible to purchase a subscription for another users; please understand CBSubs is a subscription management system and not a digital store (e.g. not VirtueMart). With next release we'll be providing CBSubs Promotion (coupons system and more) where it maybe possible for users to purchase a coupon which they could give to a user to activate for a free subscription for example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon