Skip to Content Skip to Menu

ACL content access control included (no hacking!)

• stodd
  • stodd
13 years 4 months ago #167437 by stodd
Just had a presales question about CBSubs. On the site one of the features is "ACL content access control included (no hacking!)"

Does this apply to Joomla 1.5 versions or just Joomla 1.6 with it's built-in ACL?

We have Joomla 1.5 right now, but need to upgrade to Joomla 1.5.15 to Joomla 1.5.23. We are currently using JACLPlus to create a "Subscribers" ACL group and AEC for Subscriptions.

AEC is defunct now, so we'd like to upgrade our ACL and subscriptions functions during our Joomla Upgrade.

Does this mean that I can update Joomla 1.5.15 to 1.5.23, uninstall JACLPlus and AEC Subscriptions, install CB latest version and CBSubs and my site will be able to support a "Subscribers" joomla group as JACLPlus used to do?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 4 months ago #167439 by nant

stodd wrote: Just had a presales question about CBSubs. On the site one of the features is "ACL content access control included (no hacking!)"

Does this apply to Joomla 1.5 versions or just Joomla 1.6 with it's built-in ACL?

We have Joomla 1.5 right now, but need to upgrade to Joomla 1.5.15 to Joomla 1.5.23. We are currently using JACLPlus to create a "Subscribers" ACL group and AEC for Subscriptions.

AEC is defunct now, so we'd like to upgrade our ACL and subscriptions functions during our Joomla Upgrade.

Does this mean that I can update Joomla 1.5.15 to 1.5.23, uninstall JACLPlus and AEC Subscriptions, install CB latest version and CBSubs and my site will be able to support a "Subscribers" joomla group as JACLPlus used to do?

Thanks

Yes, CBSubs has its own built-in mechanism to protect any Joomla content against plan subscriptions.

• stodd
  • stodd
13 years 4 months ago #167440 by stodd
Thanks for the response.

Does the ACL in CBSubs just apply to CBSubs content, or does it work like JACLPlus used to work by creating a new group Joomla, like "Subscribers," so you can then target all kinds of content to that group from lots of Joomla components (i.e. DOCMAN, etc.)

• nant
  • nant
13 years 4 months ago #167441 by nant

stodd wrote: Thanks for the response.

Does the ACL in CBSubs just apply to CBSubs content, or does it work like JACLPlus used to work by creating a new group Joomla, like "Subscribers," so you can then target all kinds of content to that group from lots of Joomla components (i.e. DOCMAN, etc.)

Please see previous comment about any Joomla content.

You can also see the demo site: cbsubs1.cbdemosites.com

CBSubs protects any Joomla content:

individual Joomla article (does not show or shows only readme above portion)
all articles of a certain category (does not show or shows only readme above portion)
all articles of a certain section (does not show or shows only readme above portion)
any Joomla installed component (restricts access if user isnot subscribed to plan)
Joomla modules (hides the module if viewer is not subscribed to specific CBSubs plan)
any Joomla menu (like component)
any URL part

No groups are created, you just mark which Joomla content a specific CBSubs plan protects.

CBSubs also has DOCMan integration (adds subscribers to DOCman group).

Suggest you try it yourself - riskfree for 30 days and see the power.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon