Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Import then Invoice

• polarweb
  • polarweb
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #167822 by polarweb
Import then Invoice was created by polarweb
I just need to know if I can do this with the CB subs addon:

Importing
#1- Import users from a csv file, including custom field data,(ex. Publisher Name, Publisher URL, etc.)

Invoicing
#2- Since we have a membership database already, but no automated or controlled payment at this point, we are looking into importing our members into CB and then set them up an a recurring subscription starting on a particular day, i.e. July 4th, 2011.

I am looking for a quick easy solution and what I have in mind is being able to import custom csv data into corresponding fields into CB then Invoice them for their annual membership dues on a particular date. What would even be more awesome, is if I could create a couple columns in my csv file, to batch import subscription plan information that I setup in CB, such as subscription plan and either next bill date, or expiration date. I could simply import all of these folks and have them already setup for their next bill date, in one csv import..am I dreaming?
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by polarweb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 3 months ago #167829 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Import then Invoice

polarweb wrote: I just need to know if I can do this with the CB subs addon:

Importing
#1- Import users from a csv file, including custom field data,(ex. Publisher Name, Publisher URL, etc.)

Invoicing
#2- Since we have a membership database already, but no automated or controlled payment at this point, we are looking into importing our members into CB and then set them up an a recurring subscription starting on a particular day, i.e. July 4th, 2011.

You can import users from file into your Joomla/CB website using CB Juice.
Once users are in Joomla/CB you can use the CBSubs import feature to assign them to subscriptions. You can assign them to auto-recurring plans, however the users will need in fact to agree with this at first renewal (at paypal end).

I am looking for a quick easy solution and what I have in mind is being able to import custom csv data into corresponding fields into CB then Invoice them for their annual membership dues on a particular date. What would even be more awesome, is if I could create a couple columns in my csv file, to batch import subscription plan information that I setup in CB, such as subscription plan and either next bill date, or expiration date. I could simply import all of these folks and have them already setup for their next bill date, in one csv import..am I dreaming?

As mentioned before its a 2 step process - first use CB Juice to get users into Joomla/CB, then use CBSubs import.

• polarweb
  • polarweb
13 years 3 months ago #167830 by polarweb
Replied by polarweb on topic Re: Import then Invoice

Once users are in Joomla/CB you can use the CBSubs import feature to assign them to subscriptions. You can assign them to auto-recurring plans, however the users will need in fact to agree with this at first renewal (at paypal end).

Thank you very much for your quick response, I highly appreciate it and after looking into this further myself, I did see the power of the CBJuice extension. Looks like the import process will go down rather smoothly.

One last question before I purchase, I understand there are at least two payment methods available for this that I would use:

#1- Paypal
#2- Authorize.net

Something we have came across with the members is a good group of them do not use paypal at all. They will refuse to make payment if they have to use paypal. My thoughts are to implement two payment solutions:

1- For PayPal users (most of them), they can go to PayPal.
2- For those who refuse to use paypal use authorize.net for credit card and e-check processing.

Will CBSubs accept two payment processor choices and e-check processing?

• nant
  • nant
13 years 3 months ago #167831 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Import then Invoice

polarweb wrote:

Thank you very much for your quick response, I highly appreciate it and after looking into this further myself, I did see the power of the CBJuice extension. Looks like the import process will go down rather smoothly.

One last question before I purchase, I understand there are at least two payment methods available for this that I would use:

#1- Paypal
#2- Authorize.net

Actually there are more:
1. Paypal
2. Authorize.net
3. 2CheckOut
4. Ogone
5. Swiss PostFinance
6. Offline

1,2,3,4 support auto-recurring.

Something we have came across with the members is a good group of them do not use paypal at all. They will refuse to make payment if they have to use paypal. My thoughts are to implement two payment solutions:

1- For PayPal users (most of them), they can go to PayPal.
2- For those who refuse to use paypal use authorize.net for credit card and e-check processing.

Will CBSubs accept two payment processor choices and e-check processing?

Yes, you can have all methods available during checkout.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon