Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Subs integration with CB and customization

• railer
  • railer
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #167856 by railer
Hi Joomlapolis!

I'm considering CB Subs for my site. How integrated is Community Builder into CB Subs? I want my user's CB profiles to be the same as the CB Subs member profiles. When a user buys a membership through CB Subs, are they automatically added to CB (preferred)? Or do they have to register with CB first, and then purchase a subscription plan?

On a related note, is the subscription purchase process customizable? My site is a closed membership site. All members are already entered into the system and they have to claim their membership.

To claim their membership, they select their district number, then select their company name, then enter their unique membercode — which the form will need to check in the database and validate before they are shown the subscription form.

Can that be made to work in CB Subs?

Thanks for your answers.

Best,
railer
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by railer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 3 months ago #167873 by nant

railer wrote: Hi Joomlapolis!

I'm considering CB Subs for my site. How integrated is Community Builder into CB Subs? I want my user's CB profiles to be the same as the CB Subs member profiles. When a user buys a membership through CB Subs, are they automatically added to CB (preferred)? Or do they have to register with CB first, and then purchase a subscription plan?

CBSubs is a CB plugin, so it works nicely and cleanly with CB and Joomla. No worries here. CBSubs membership plans integration with CB Registration form via CB API. CB profiles remain but can be enhanced (example extra membership badges - see your profile here and the Professional badge you have - this was done with CBSubs).

On a related note, is the subscription purchase process customizable? My site is a closed membership site. All members are already entered into the system and they have to claim their membership.

To claim their membership, they select their district number, then select their company name, then enter their unique membercode — which the form will need to check in the database and validate before they are shown the subscription form.

Can that be made to work in CB Subs?

Thanks for your answers.

Best,
railer

I believe with CBSubs 1.2 you can use the conditions on a plan. So the plan will not be proposed unless specific (configurable) conditions are met. So yes, sounds like your use case can be configured.
The following user(s) said Thank You: railer

• railer
  • railer
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #167887 by railer
Thanks for your quick reply, Nick...

A further clarification about the "conditions"... the drop-down list where they select their company name (step two) would need to be dependent upon the district number option selected (step one) in the first drop-down list (each district has different companies). In the third step, the text field validation of the membercode needs to compare the entered membercode with the chosen company's membercode.

So new questions are:

1. Can dependent fields be setup in CB Subs?
2. Is there any kind of a Administrator demo available to take a look at?
3. [strike]CB integration: Can the subscribed plans be viewed within a member's CB Profile tab?[/strike] — Forget this question, I just looked at my own profile tabs and saw my "Membership" and "Doc-Subs" tabs.
4. Another question is regarding how customizable is the layout design of the plans? Are there templates for CB Subs that can be edited?

Thanks,
railer
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by railer. Reason: further changes

• nant
  • nant
13 years 3 months ago #167888 by nant

railer wrote: Thanks for your quick reply, Nick...

A further clarification about the "conditions"... the drop-down list where they select their company name (step two) would need to be dependent upon the district number option selected (step one) in the first drop-down list (each district has different companies). In the third step, the text field validation of the membercode needs to compare the entered membercode with the chosen company's membercode.

Sounds like you are using the CB Conditions plugin from our incubator.
CBSubs registration field hiding does not work with CB COnditionals, so you might have to compromise here.

So new questions are:

1. Can dependent fields be setup in CB Subs?

Yes, CBSubs plans can specify which registration fields should be hidden when plan is selected.

2. Is there any kind of a Administrator demo available to take a look at?

No there is no demo available.
But there is a 30 day first purchase refund policy, so you can purchase, download package and very detailed documentation and test it for yourself.

3. CB integration: Can the subscribed plans be viewed within a member's CB Profile tab?

Of course. Check you Membership tab on your profile here on Joomlapolis and you will see your Professional subscription and upgrade/new possibilities.

4. Another question is regarding how customizable is the layout design of the plans? Are there templates for CB Subs that can be edited?

Yes CBSubs has also a rounded template package that you can use as basis for creating your own.

Thanks,
railer

You are welcome.

Please note that CBSubs is the most complete product ever created for Joomla (imo).

• railer
  • railer
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #167889 by railer
Thanks Nick,

Sounds like you are using the CB Conditions plugin from our incubator.
CBSubs registration field hiding does not work with CB COnditionals, so you might have to compromise here.

Hmm. That's too bad. I guess I can use a third-party extension (Fabrik) to build the membercode validating form I described, and then upon return true, can send the user to the CB Subs subscription form.

Good to know about the 30-day return policy.

Thanks,
railer

• railer
  • railer
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #168466 by railer
Hi Nick,

Btw, by dependent fields, I didn't mean that I want to hide the field. I want to pull certain information from the jos_comprofile database depending upon what the user selects in a drop-down list and display them in a second, dependent, drop-down list. In this case, the first drop-down list would have 6 districts, 1-6, and the each company in the jos_comprofile would be grouped into one of those six districts. Choosing disctrict 4, would display only companies located in disctrict 4 in the second drop-down list.

Can CB Subs do this?

There would be a third field in the form, a text field, into which the user would enter a vendorcode. The text field would need to be validated against the vendorcode in the jos_comprofiler table.

Can CB Subs also do this?

Upon successful validation, the user would be sent to the CB Subs subscription form.

Best,
railer

Moderators: beatnantkrileon