Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Subs - Presales questions

• agabites
  • agabites
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #168590 by agabites
CB Subs - Presales questions was created by agabites
Hi

Have been asked to look at a subscriptions solution for a client I have. We already use Community builder so CBSubs is the obvious choice in terms of a first look. The organisation itself is made up of a number of independent clubs, which fall under the umberlla of a national organisation.

The national organisation has a list of requirements as follows - I'm hoping someone can tell me if CBSubs does any or hopefully all of the following:

(a) the organisation is made up of a number of clubs - each have their own subscription level. Can CB subs manage different subscription amounts based on the club members wish to join? If so, how does this work in practice?(ie does the member choose the club and the fee is automatically populated? How does the fee get updated?)

(b) Can access be restricted so that a club secretary only gets to see their own club members - allowing them only to manage their own club members details. National secretary should be able to manage all members. Worst case scenario we would work with members being able to edit their own details directly which I beleive is the case already

(c) what sort of export facility is available on members details. Ideally we would be looking for a csv file. This could be generated from the backend database I suppose, but I don't really want people playing in that space if I can help it.

(d) what sort of reporting facility is available. Ideally we would be looking at a view and a printable report that a club secretary could see only their club members. National secretary should see all members, but should be able to sort or filter the list

(e) Finally, is there a demo site available that we could have a play with the back end to see how well CBSubs will fit

Thanks in advance
Andrew
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by agabites.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beat
  • beat
13 years 3 months ago #168897 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: CB Subs - Presales questions
Hi Andrew,
Welcome in our forums and Thanks for the well-formed questions.

Here as well-formed as possible replies :) :

(a) yes, you would be setting up a plan by club i guess, that gives the fee. Plans are updated in backend.

(b) yes, you would be setting up CB Users-lists per club probably.

(c) CB profiles can be exported to CSV using CB Juice plugin (free)

(d) here too CB Users-lists can be used in frontend.

(e1) a front-end demo is here: cbsubs1.cbdemosites.com/

(e2) we don't have a public backend demo, but we do have a 30-days refund warranty, no questions asked, and we have almost no refund requests, so I guess people who try do like it :) That allows to directly try with your site in development. A 450+ pages detailed guide comes with it too. Worth spending an hour on the guide to get a feeling of the possibilities.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: agabites

• agabites
  • agabites
13 years 3 months ago #169115 by agabites
Replied by agabites on topic Re: CB Subs - Presales questions
Hi

Thanks for that. A couple more things I have thought of

If plans are set up by club, and CB User-lists are set up by club (I think that is what you are saying above ;-) ), then when we go to export the data, do we also need to export the data by club, or can we export all users information.

We already use CB Juice to import users (every month or so ;-( ) into CB. I've had a look at the CSV file output a while ago and we should be able to get the data back into the access database we currently use as our master, with a bit of tweaking of the field names - so I guess the question boils down to if the data about which club the person belongs to is in the same table in the database as the rest of the data, and if CB Juice exports all the available data from that table.

Thanks again for your help. Nice to be able to talk directly with the development team.

Cheers
Andrew

• nant
  • nant
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #169117 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB Subs - Presales questions
Hi Andrew,

Typically the data about subscriptions is in different tables.

But you can use CB Field intrgation plugin included in the CBSubs package to automatically configure CBSubs to modify a value of a CB field when user starts a subscription and reset the value when subscription ends. This way you can have a CB field that contains the status of the membership. Once this is done all you need to do is export the user info using CB Juice or even phpmyadmin export of comprofiler table (see API document for database layout in Free download area).

P.S. The extensive CBSubs documentation contains a user case scenario of such a CB field setting that can also be used to filter CB User lists.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by nant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: agabites

Moderators: beatnantkrileon