Skip to Content Skip to Menu

which upgrade

• digiweb
  • digiweb
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #168688 by digiweb
which upgrade was created by digiweb
This should be a pre-sales question but I already bought the advanced upgrade.

I got confused about how to upgrade. I have cb subs 1.1.2. The control panel told me to upgrade to 1.2.0. I looked at the cb subs maintenance upgrade option but it didn't make sense to me. I wanted another year, but it said I didn't make any changes to the dropdowns so there was nothing to buy. I figured I was in the wrong place.

I bought advanced support instead.

Which package was I supposed to buy to go from 1.1.2 to 1.2.0?

I do find the upgrade area quite confusing. I only realized I bought the wrong thing when reading chapter 4 of the PDF.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by digiweb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• digiweb
  • digiweb
13 years 3 months ago #168689 by digiweb
Replied by digiweb on topic Re: which upgrade
so i should have paid like $28 for another year rather than $111. For the extra money I got the pdf in which the only thing new to me is chapter 4 telling me I upgraded incorrectly. There's some irony there.

• digiweb
  • digiweb
13 years 3 months ago #168859 by digiweb
can you help me out?
I think I paid too much just to do the upgrade.
I am pretty confused.

• beat
  • beat
13 years 3 months ago #168877 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: which upgrade
Sure: Here is how it's done:

From our FAQ: (Support -> FAQ):

How to upgrade CBSubs maintenance periods

CBSubs license purchases automatically include a free first year maintenance period. You can extend your maintenance agreement by following the process outlined below:

Visit your Subscription tab on your Joomlapolis user profile (on the account that purchased the initial CBSubs license)
- Locate your CBSubs license
- Click on the Change Options button
- Select Maintenance Pack option from drop-down parameter (initially this is set to 'One year maintenance'). Select '2 years version maintenance' to extend your initial (free) first year to two years (basically purchasing an extra year) or select '3 years version maintenance' to extens your initial (free) first year to three years (by purchasing 2 extra years) or select 'Maintenance during lifetime of product version' to purchase lifetime maintenance plan.
- Once maintenance plan option parameter is selected just click on Upgrade Options Now button and continue to checkout process.

I would really love to understand how we can make the process clearer and simpler, we're open to improvement.

Sending you also Private message.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• digiweb
  • digiweb
13 years 3 months ago #168887 by digiweb
got your message, thank you so much.

The first option in the dropdown looks like a valid choice. Maybe if it said "Please select" I would know that the first option is not an option, so when the first option was an error I'd get why.

Does that help?

• digiweb
  • digiweb
13 years 3 months ago #168888 by digiweb
oh another thought -
it would help so much if the products were comparable side by side. I don't understand what the difference is between upgrade at the cb subs dropdown and buying the advanced or pro.

If it where laid out like this I think it'd help:

cb subs maint upgrade | advanced | professional
feature 1 feature 1 feature 1
feature 2 feature 2 feature 2
feature 3 feature 3
feature 4

you already do that with advanced/pro but it was apples and oranged with the cb subs extension.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon