Skip to Content Skip to Menu

limited the number of profile display

• nylls
  • nylls
13 years 2 months ago #170847 by nylls
Hello,

I wish to know if the cbsub constituent(component) allows the creation of a subscription which limits the display(visualization) of the profile outcome(exit) of the lists of community builder.

I wish limited the number of display(visualization) of profile. It is him(it) possible

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 months ago #172451 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: limited the number of profile display
Limit the amount of times a user may view another users profile? Or limit the number of times a users profile can be viewed? Neither of which CBSubs can really accomplish, but is something more so for the incubator project CB Redirect to do with a conditional based off the Hits field. You could use CBSubs to allow users to purchase more views or something though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• nylls
  • nylls
13 years 2 months ago #172487 by nylls
Replied by nylls on topic Re: limited the number of profile display
I wish to be able to limited the number of times when a user can see a profile according to the subscription which he buys

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 months ago #172574 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: limited the number of profile display
CBSubs has nothing of the sort, sorry. You could have an Integer field for the user say "cb_myviews" that is set to read only. You'd then use CBSubs Fields to increment this field (they'd buy say 5 views). You'd then use incubator project CB Fields to subtract 1 from that field on profile view if conditional username does not equal [username]. You'd then need CB Redirect acting on the same profile display trigger and check if cb_myview is equal to zero and if it is then redirect. This would somewhat give you what you're wanting, but it's not unique to any 1 profile; it applies to all profiles.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon