Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Subscription as reward for referrals

• bsiu
  • bsiu
13 years 2 months ago #171599 by bsiu
I'd like to encourage my customers to bring in referrals: get a 1-month premium subscription if you bring X customers that sign for the basic subscription (or whatever). Or even: get a 12-month premium subscription if you bring X customers that keep their subscriptions for 3 months.

Is this possible? Ideally, subscriptions awarded would expire automatically.

Bernardo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 2 months ago #171602 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Subscription as reward for referrals
Define referrals please.

You might be able to do this with CB Invites plugin an CBSubs promotions plugin.

• bsiu
  • bsiu
13 years 2 months ago #171634 by bsiu
Replied by bsiu on topic Re: Subscription as reward for referrals
This is what I have in mind:

Customer A has a basic subscription. We give her a referral link like "domain.com/subscribe.php?refid=customer_A" that she can send to her friends. If X friends purchase a basic subscription through that link, customer A gets 1 month of premium subscription for free. After that month, she goes back (automatically) to the basic subscription.

Even better:

Customer A has a basic subscription. We give her the same referral link as above. If X friends purchase a basic subscription through that link *and* each of them keeps that subscription for 3 months, customer A gets 3 months of premium subscription for free. After 3 months, she goes back (automatically) to the basic subscription.

Bernardo.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 months ago #172456 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Subscription as reward for referrals
The only referral system supported is iDevAffiliate and PostAffiliatePro. We've no referral system built into CBSubs to allow purchase of subscriptions or anything of the sort with those referrals, sorry. Best approach is to use one of the above and provide "superficial" payouts; meaning it's fake currency that you can allow them to redeem towards subscriptions (you'd need to do this manually).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon