Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Secure personal area for each individual user

13 years 2 months ago #171685 by JakuJoomla
I have a challenge for a new client site and need to know if this can be done with CB Subs. The client is a Veterenarian Clinic with more than a hundred clients. They want each client to be able to login with their own username and password to access reports and other specific secure documents specific to each user. Almost like loging in on your banking account to see your own details and monthly statements. How can I do this with Joomla? The default login can only direct groups to a single category or article. The functionality that I want is some intelligence on the server that will check the username and password to identify the user and then to direct the user to his or her specific secure category or page from where they can download pdf docs etc. Of course the Clinic will not charge their clients to get access to their documents. It is a free service so the next question will be if I can create a free account for users. I know that the opposite is actually the functionality of this component but still I would like to know if it is possible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• maxsf
  • maxsf
13 years 2 months ago #171692 by maxsf
I have been looking at this functionality for a while and at a lot of different extensions. CB seems to be able to handle it but it's somewhat of an overkill with a steep learning curve...but what I need is what you describes.

Very much appreciate any feedback from the forum experts as well...

Max

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon