Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Submit and deadline

• ftarquini
  • ftarquini
13 years 1 month ago #176843 by ftarquini
Submit and deadline was created by ftarquini
Hello,
What I am trying to do with my CB is launching an application form to select students for a course. So, I want applicants to create an account, enter some data, upload some files (CV, passport...) and so on... Well, I have already managed to get all of this working on my site.

The problem now is: how can I have applicants submit their data once and for all? I mean, we have a deadline and I want applicants not to update any of their submitted data after that deadline. How can i do that? Can CBSubs help me with this?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 1 month ago #176861 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Submit and deadline
Best approach is using CB Redirect incubator project available to professional subscribers. The first step is to create a date field set to read only or using CB Privacy available to both advanced and professional subscribers to disable editing of the field in profile edit. Once done you'd create a redirect in CB Redirect using the on before profile edit display trigger conditionally checking against your date field. If it's a match then redirect them to a URL of your choice. This would prevent them from editing their profiles after the specified date in the date field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• ftarquini
  • ftarquini
13 years 1 month ago #176956 by ftarquini
Replied by ftarquini on topic Re: Submit and deadline
Thank you for your reply. So, I think I'll get a subscription and install CB Redirect for the deadline matter. But I also needed another function, that is a way for users to submit their application (contact info, files in the profile gallery etc...) even before the deadline, simply by pressing a button, let's call it "submit your application". So, if they press this button, they cannot update their data anymore (or all the fields in a tab), all fields become "read only" and only administrators can edit them. If possible, users receive an email confirming that their application has been successfully submitted...

Sorry for asking too many questions, but I just wanted to make sure (before subscribing) that I'll be able to do what I need to do on my site. Thanks

• w8ing4u
  • w8ing4u
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #177068 by w8ing4u
Replied by w8ing4u on topic Re: Submit and deadline
Hello, I have a similar question. I also need part of my users to register, enter some data and then finally submit everything, without being able (after submitting) to make any update. Is this possible with CBSubs or other plugins from joomlapolis? I know I could be using other components to create forms, but if possible, I would prefer doing everything with CB.

Thanks
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by w8ing4u.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon