Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Pet Sitting Service

• timnancyk
  • timnancyk
13 years 2 weeks ago #178679 by timnancyk
Pet Sitting Service was created by timnancyk
I am considering CB and CBSubs for a new site I am developing in Joomla. Here are two major questions I have to consider using CB and CBSubs.

1. Can CBSubs handle two types of registration forms? I want the ability to have a registration for users looking for a pet sitter (paid) and a registration page for users who are pet sitters (free membership).

2. I need CBSubs to be able to limit what free users can see. I want the free users to do a search via location zip code and have it pull up a list of members in their area but contact info would be hidden. When they click to access the contact info they are directed to a membership page where they can pay for a subscription to access the detailed information.

3. I need the ability to have a zip code search field on the home page that would search for members in a specified radius area based on zip code and only display their photo and some bio info, no contact info. To access the contact info, they would have to join a paid membership.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 2 weeks ago #178831 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Pet Sitting Service

timnancyk wrote: I am considering CB and CBSubs for a new site I am developing in Joomla. Here are two major questions I have to consider using CB and CBSubs.

Will try and address as best as possible ...

1. Can CBSubs handle two types of registration forms? I want the ability to have a registration for users looking for a pet sitter (paid) and a registration page for users who are pet sitters (free membership).

Yes. With CBSubs you can have a single registration form which shows the two plans you want (Paid, Free). Registration fields can be hidden/shown depending on subscription plan chosen.

2. I need CBSubs to be able to limit what free users can see. I want the free users to do a search via location zip code and have it pull up a list of members in their area but contact info would be hidden. When they click to access the contact info they are directed to a membership page where they can pay for a subscription to access the detailed information.

I guess you can create a CB User list that shows sitters with their zip codes. You would need some extra plugin (not sure if there is one) to do a location search.

With CBSubs you can specify which fields or tabs are seen depending on plan of viewer. So in this case CBSubs does not really automatically redirect viewer to become a paid member to see contact info - it just doesn't show the info. I believe you can display a message on the profile screen that says you have to me a member to view.

3. I need the ability to have a zip code search field on the home page that would search for members in a specified radius area based on zip code and only display their photo and some bio info, no contact info. To access the contact info, they would have to join a paid membership.

As stated before - this is not built-into CB. You need to search the JED for a CB Plugin that does this.

• chrisjclay
  • chrisjclay
  • Add-ons
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #182423 by chrisjclay
Replied by chrisjclay on topic Re: Pet Sitting Service
Hi,

nant wrote: Yes. With CBSubs you can have a single registration form which shows the two plans you want (Paid, Free). Registration fields can be hidden/shown depending on subscription plan chosen.

Is there a way to pass a value via an URL to the registration form to determine which fields would be hidden/shown initially?

For example, my client would like two versions of the registration form, one for personal members and one for business members. We'll put radio buttons at the top so someone can select "Commercial" or "Personal", and depending on which one they select, certain fields will be hidden.

That all sounds straightforward, However, if someone clicks "join now" on the Business Membership page, my client would like the registration form to load with the business options already selected (and the opposite for a personal member.) I'm wondering if something like this could be added to an URL that leads to the registration form:

&cb_membertype=business

... so the form would then know right away that it's a business member.

Does this make sense? Is it possible?

Cheers,
Chris

Clay & Co.
www.clayco.ca/
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by chrisjclay.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 11 months ago #182437 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Pet Sitting Service

chrisjclay wrote: Hi,

nant wrote: Yes. With CBSubs you can have a single registration form which shows the two plans you want (Paid, Free). Registration fields can be hidden/shown depending on subscription plan chosen.

Is there a way to pass a value via an URL to the registration form to determine which fields would be hidden/shown initially?

For example, my client would like two versions of the registration form, one for personal members and one for business members. We'll put radio buttons at the top so someone can select "Commercial" or "Personal", and depending on which one they select, certain fields will be hidden.

That all sounds straightforward, However, if someone clicks "join now" on the Business Membership page, my client would like the registration form to load with the business options already selected (and the opposite for a personal member.) I'm wondering if something like this could be added to an URL that leads to the registration form:

&cb_membertype=business

... so the form would then know right away that it's a business member.

Does this make sense? Is it possible?

Cheers,
Chris

Each CBSubs plan has a URL (see plan in CBSubs - URL is on top area) that will take you to a registration form with only this plan selected (and all relevant fields hidden).
The following user(s) said Thank You: chrisjclay

Moderators: beatnantkrileon