Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Club Memberships

• kautrand
  • kautrand
12 years 11 months ago #181973 by kautrand
Replied by kautrand on topic Re: Club Memberships
On the screen shot of the previous post you can see that I have set the fees at $516, $21, and $310 for the three options we have for membership. The actual fees are $500, $20, and $300. The extra covers the transaction fees PayPal charges and these fees will be passed onto the member if they choose to pay vai credit card.

Can a Child item be set up for the fee that is automatically selected if the user clicks on the parent.

Ie., Parent - Membership Renewal $500. Child - $21 User Fee. If the user adds the Membership Renewal to the basket the User Fee is automatically tacked on.

This way the accounting within the CBSubs would be more acturate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 11 months ago #181990 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Club Memberships
This is a different question ...

At present it is not possible to trigger off of payment method as you suggest.

We have discussed this internally and have been considering the possibility to attach a promotion condition based on payment method - this way it would be possible to have a negative discount (thus surcharge) that is automatically given during checkout based on payment method selected.

Not sure if this will make it for next CBSubs release but it is currently on the drawing board.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kautrand

• kautrand
  • kautrand
12 years 11 months ago #182190 by kautrand
I believe I found a way to handle the Service Fee issue. I set up a Tax Rate and named it Service Fee. See attached screen shot.

Thanks for all the help,
Kent
Attachments:

• nant
  • nant
12 years 11 months ago #182200 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Club Memberships
Yeah, but that applies to all payment methods, doesn't it?

• kautrand
  • kautrand
12 years 11 months ago #182203 by kautrand
I'm only using 1 Payment Method, PayPal. I did run into a problem during testing. When the inforamtion transfers to PayPal from CBSubs the Sales tax amount defaults to the Sales Tax category within PayPal. This shows up on both the Stores tansaction detail as well as the customer. This could end up being confusing to the customer, Member, so I have decided to stick to just setting a base amount that includes a Service Fee, $516 for a $500 transaction.

Something for Wish List would be a method of automatically applying a Handling Charge the sames as Sales Tax with the amount transferring to PayPal's Handling category which all ready exists in PayPal and probably most other Gateways. Being able to set a percentage rate + a fixed amount was what worked for the calculations. I set the Tax Rate at 3.1% + $0.30 for PayPals' inital charge and per transaction fee. This brought the transaction in at just over $500.00 which was needed.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon