Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Volunteering site with client database

• rnomis
  • rnomis
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #182852 by rnomis
I have been asked to help with a new community volunteering site. So far this is beyond what I have done before. I think most of what I need can be done with CB but I would like to know what other extensions I need to download/buy

Each Group will have an administrator, a coordinator and several volunteers.

Coordinators can search the whole site to find volunteers with the required skills. They can also invite volunteers to join their group.

Coordinators and volunteers will not have access to other groups.

Each group will have several hundred clients with differing needs. The Group Administrator will be able to upload/input client details into the client database (maybe use SugarCRM and the SugaryCB extension and use an excel import?).

Coordinators and volunteers will have different levels of access i.e volunteers will only be able to see basic info of clients but Coordinators will be able to see more detailed info. Only Administrators will be able to see ALL details.

The administrator will be able to filter his clients by needs and send details of these client groups to others.

I need to know if this can be done 'out of the box' or can I pay to get it done?
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by rnomis. Reason: Incomplete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 11 months ago #182856 by nant
Not sure how much of this you can do, because even though your overview is ok, there are still many unknown parameters.

Let me tell you what CB can do.

With CB you can create extra fields and tabs that can be used to gather more info about your website members (guess the skills play here).

You can create user lists and allow members to search them. You can even publish a user list to be viewable only by a different group of members (coordinators?).

All above can be done with free CB.

GroupJive (available to Advanced and Professional members) can be added to allow your coordinators to create new user groups and such groups can be by invitation only.

SugarCRM and other requirements might need extra extensions and coding that I cannot suggest or comment on.

• rnomis
  • rnomis
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #182883 by rnomis
Replied by rnomis on topic Re: Volunteering site with client database
Thanks, I was thinking about the Professional subscription so it looks like I should be able to do what I need.
Following on from this, I need to be able to restrict information about one group of clients to one group of administrators and coordinators. In effect, have wholy separate groups only accessible by the administrators and volunteers of that group. No one outside that group; even administrators can see details of clients of any other group. The clients of these groups could be vulnerable people and security is paramount.
Is there an efficient way of importing the client records into CB? There may be several hundred in each Master Group.

As an aside, is there an addon for Professional members where Administrators can modify the style sheet for their (seperate) community? That would be really cool!
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by rnomis.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon