Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Basic questions re registration levels and forms

• bryanne
  • bryanne
12 years 9 months ago #186888 by bryanne
Hi,

Can I please be assisted with these basic questions (I am in no way - or pretend to be, a developer)

a) If I am using CB/CBSUBS can I set everything so that I have the opportunity to APPROVE applications to be a registered member in the front end (bearing in mind that in Joomla registration is automatic by default)?

b) If so, can this be a different LEVEL of users ie separate from say Kunena forum subscribers? To explain: it would not be satisfactory for us to have people able to sign up in the forum and be given "registered" status as a result by virtue of which they would see certain menu items for example that are only reserved for registered members

c) If so, does the system email to me make it clear WHERE the application is coming from - the Forum page or the admin page (important because our criteria for front end registration is tougher)

d) Does the CB user management table list out all the types of subscription/registration that you have set up, for example:

Registered - paid
Registered
Forum user - subscriber
Forum user
Super administrator

etc etc

e) I want to be able to have two or more different registrations forms. I want each form to register users to different status that I create (ie. Forum User, No-Rights User, Registered User). I want to be able to add custom fields to each registration form. Can CBSubs do this?

Thank you very much. Hoping that the answers will enable me to proceed to purchase what seems to be a fine product (CB and CBSUBS)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 9 months ago #186900 by nant

bryanne wrote: Hi,

Can I please be assisted with these basic questions (I am in no way - or pretend to be, a developer)

Answers follow ...

a) If I am using CB/CBSUBS can I set everything so that I have the opportunity to APPROVE applications to be a registered member in the front end (bearing in mind that in Joomla registration is automatic by default)?

This is CB functionality - moderators can approve new applicants from frontend workflow module.

b) If so, can this be a different LEVEL of users ie separate from say Kunena forum subscribers? To explain: it would not be satisfactory for us to have people able to sign up in the forum and be given "registered" status as a result by virtue of which they would see certain menu items for example that are only reserved for registered members

CBSubs plan can assign user to specific group.

c) If so, does the system email to me make it clear WHERE the application is coming from - the Forum page or the admin page (important because our criteria for front end registration is tougher)

You lost me.

d) Does the CB user management table list out all the types of subscription/registration that you have set up, for example:

Registered - paid
Registered
Forum user - subscriber
Forum user
Super administrator

etc etc

Yes.

e) I want to be able to have two or more different registrations forms. I want each form to register users to different status that I create (ie. Forum User, No-Rights User, Registered User). I want to be able to add custom fields to each registration form. Can CBSubs do this?

Thank you very much. Hoping that the answers will enable me to proceed to purchase what seems to be a fine product (CB and CBSUBS)

CBSubs can hide/show different fields based on subscription plan selected.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon