Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Logins / roles for different organisations ...

• M.Vincent
  • M.Vincent
12 years 9 months ago #186999 by M.Vincent
Hi,

I am looking to provide an online service to many organisations. Each organisation should be able to administer the service and members for their own organisation and have zero visibility of other organisations using the service.

I, and my staff, should be able to admin the service and, to a degree the organisations and their members.

Kind of like this:

My Online Service
=========================
SA 1 - role Super Admin
SA n - role Super Admin

Organisation 1
User 1 - role Admin
User 2
user 3
user 47 - role Admin
user n

Organisation 2
User 1 - role Admin
User 2 - role Admin
user 3
user n

Organisation 3
User 1 - role Admin
User 2 - role Admin
user 3
user n

Roles
Super Admin - this role will be to administer the online service able to:
o approve creation of organisation accounts
o plus all that an OrgAdmin can do

OrgAdmin - this role will be as the admin of an organisation, able to:
o add / approve user accounts
o promote user to admin
o buy credits for the account
o suspend / cancel user accounts
o plus all that a User can do

User - this role will be as the general user of an organisation, able to:
o edit their details
o suspend / cancel their account

Is this something that Community Builder can do?

What terminologies are used here to describe the different roles and functions?

Thank you for your help,

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 9 months ago #187004 by krileon
I don't think you can have admins over groups of specific users; at least not in a way that it would work with a CB 1.x release (maybe with release of CB 2.x). My best guess is to use CB GroupJive and have "Groups" in it be your Organizations. Those "Groups" can be set to "Invite" and will never be visible on frontend unless the user belongs to that "Group" or was invited to join it. "Groups" can also have Admins and Mods which can help moderate the users in that "Group" while site moderators (super users for example) can see and moderate any "Group".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• M.Vincent
  • M.Vincent
12 years 9 months ago #187006 by M.Vincent
Thank you ... I'll look into GroupJive

Moderators: beatnantkrileon