Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Building a website - advice

12 years 9 months ago #187070 by alex_froger
Building a website - advice was created by alex_froger
Hi everyone,

I have a project to build a website for my organization. We are an association that provides services for different companies and gives them access to some of our resources based on a specific membership.

I need to build a portal with the following requirements:
- corporate blog
- online survey
- membership
- Company Directory
- event & calendar

Here are the critical points:

Membership:
We have 5 levels of membership (besides administrators):
- Company member - holder: the highest level account. Has the right to access to all the publication, company directory, etc...
- Company member - additional: same as Company member - holder, but is not the main account/reference member.
- Company member: restricted access - some publications are forbidden
- Registered Member +: opens access to Company Directory
- Registered member: Access to events only
- Anonymous: Access to public content

Website areas:
The website will be composed of 3 main geographical areas (possibly more). This means I need:
- a general portal where to display a general calendar, news, information, association general information, ... for all the areas.
- a member may pick up a location to filter the content of all the website
- in this case, the news, events/calendar, ... all the content is displayed filtered for the selected area only. This also mean that we may be able to assign an area to a menu item for it to be displayed only if this area is selected
- the membership is applied per area (a Company Member Host in one area may be a simple Registered member in another area)

Other key features:
- Company Directory
- User data extraction - a reporting feature to extract user information in CSV/other listing, and track applications based on membership time (sounds like CBSubs?)
- Multilingual: all of the above should come in two languages.

So my questions are:
- is it possible to use Community builder for these requirements? (obviously seems like yes)?
- are all the above requirements (especially the critical points) covered by any of the available packages?
- if yes, which component are involved?
- if no, what part would necessitate custom development?

And last, but not least, if someone would like to help me to build that, I would be sooo thankful ;-).

Thanks for reading!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 9 months ago #187076 by nant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon