Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Facebook Connect Issue

12 years 9 months ago #187489 by meyerlt@colorado.edu
CB Facebook Connect Issue was created by meyerlt@colorado.edu
I have previously bought both CB Subs and an advanced membership (over a year ago) so apparently this is the only place which I can post my issues now?

I have CB Facebook Connect 1.1 installed on my website at thestudenttextbookproject.org/ , but recently the facebook connect button has stopped working. Any ideas what is going on? Do I need to upgrade to a newer version?

I really thought when I bought these products they would last until I stopped using them... Didn't know I would have to pay for patches and new versions :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 9 months ago #187494 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB Facebook Connect Issue

meyerlt@colorado.edu wrote: I have previously bought both CB Subs and an advanced membership (over a year ago) so apparently this is the only place which I can post my issues now?

Since your Advanced Membership has expired you can no longer post in the Advanced forum area.

I have CB Facebook Connect 1.1 installed on my website at thestudenttextbookproject.org/ , but recently the facebook connect button has stopped working. Any ideas what is going on? Do I need to upgrade to a newer version?

Facebook has updated their API and a new CB Facebook connect plugin has been released. You would need this to get things working again.

Yes, you need to renew your membership for another year to be able to download new releases for another year.

I really thought when I bought these products they would last until I stopped using them... Didn't know I would have to pay for patches and new versions :(

If Facebook didn't change its API what you have would be still working.

All one year membership plans described at www.joomlapolis.com/memberships give you access to add-ons, to upgrades and to forum support for a full year. After that you can still continue to use what you have downloaded forever, but if new versions are needed you need renewed membership to download again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon