Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CBSub - will it do this?

• drdamo
  • drdamo
12 years 9 months ago #188591 by drdamo
CBSub - will it do this? was created by drdamo
I want to be able to sell a monthly subscription for a helpdesk type solution that allows a user to have a maximum number of queries per year. eg £10 a month and you can ask support 6 questions a year. Additional questions would then be charged extra as used eg after using the year's allowance of 6 questions you could buy extra questions for £15 a go.

Can I do this with CBSub? Can you have an active account (the monthly subscription) with 6 credits that can be used over the set period of time? Is there a way of decreasing the credits when they are used (I don't mind if this has to be done manually) and increase them if more money paid?

Thanks

Damian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 9 months ago #188656 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CBSub - will it do this?

drdamo wrote: I want to be able to sell a monthly subscription for a helpdesk type solution that allows a user to have a maximum number of queries per year. eg £10 a month and you can ask support 6 questions a year. Additional questions would then be charged extra as used eg after using the year's allowance of 6 questions you could buy extra questions for £15 a go.

Can I do this with CBSub? Can you have an active account (the monthly subscription) with 6 credits that can be used over the set period of time? Is there a way of decreasing the credits when they are used (I don't mind if this has to be done manually) and increase them if more money paid?

Thanks

Damian

CBSubs is certainly a good starting point.

Most of what you are asking really depends on features already in place / supported by the helpdesk script you have.

You could use CBSubs to interface with it either through sql database manipulation or by using url-parts protection or using url execution scripting.

• drdamo
  • drdamo
12 years 9 months ago #188701 by drdamo
Replied by drdamo on topic Re: CBSub - will it do this?
Thank you for your prompt reply.

I am not so concerned with the integration with the helpdesk component as we can do it manually to start and then get the developer to do some custom work.

However does CBSubs support having a primary subscription (the £10 a month) which controls access to the site as a whole and then a means of having 'credits' which can be increased by further payments or decreased after a service is used (initially done manually and later automated). At this point it doesn't matter if the credits control access to the helpdesk component or not.

Thanks

Damian

• nant
  • nant
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #188706 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CBSub - will it do this?

drdamo wrote: Thank you for your prompt reply.

I am not so concerned with the integration with the helpdesk component as we can do it manually to start and then get the developer to do some custom work.

However does CBSubs support having a primary subscription (the £10 a month) which controls access to the site as a whole and then a means of having 'credits' which can be increased by further payments or decreased after a service is used (initially done manually and later automated). At this point it doesn't matter if the credits control access to the helpdesk component or not.

Thanks

Damian

You can configure a CBSubs subscription or merchandise plan to automatically increase the value of a CB field by a specific number. This could be used to track user credits.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by nant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: drdamo

Moderators: beatnantkrileon