Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Cannot upgrade, wrong price on invoice

• rasharon2
  • rasharon2
12 years 8 months ago #190123 by rasharon2
Cannot upgrade, wrong price on invoice was created by rasharon2
Please advise,
What do I need to do to be properly billed, at the correct price, for upgrading my subscription? Your invoice is showing the wrong amount...

I currently have an "Advanced" subscription and was trying to upgrade it. When I selected the upgraded plan then clicked the upgrade button, I was sent to an invoice page.

The invoice page initially shows the current prorated price (adjusted for how much time is left in my current subscription).

BUT ...

When I change the currency to USD (I am an American), the invoice changes the price to FULL price, not the prorated price I expected.

From that point forward, it doesn't matter which currency I select, it does NOT reflect the prorated price, it ALWAYS shows FULL price e.g. changing back to euros shows full price in euros, not the original prorated price in euros.

So far I've been cancelling every invoice/payment under the assumption that I would be billed at the incorrect price showing on the invoice.

How to I (or you) get the invoice to bill the proper amount?

Examples are attached.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 8 months ago #190136 by nant
Good find - this is a bug in the new CBSubs 1.3 version we are currently test driving in order to make sure it is ready for public release.

We will be fixing this asap on our site also.

In the meantime, you can cancel the basket and start over to pay in euro.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• rasharon2
  • rasharon2
12 years 8 months ago #190145 by rasharon2
Replied by rasharon2 on topic Re: Cannot upgrade, wrong price on invoice
Glad I could help with the debugging.

Gee, now that I am "on the debugging team", do I get a discount for my membership upgrade? After all, I am upgrading to the developer membership and I won't be shy about sending any other defects I encounter. (Can't hurt to ask) ;)

• nant
  • nant
12 years 8 months ago #190149 by nant

rasharon2 wrote: Glad I could help with the debugging.

Gee, now that I am "on the debugging team", do I get a discount for my membership upgrade? After all, I am upgrading to the developer membership and I won't be shy about sending any other defects I encounter. (Can't hurt to ask) ;)

Never hurts to ask ... we give discounts usually in our newsletters, make sure you have subscribed to them.

• rasharon2
  • rasharon2
12 years 8 months ago #190158 by rasharon2
Replied by rasharon2 on topic Re: Cannot upgrade, wrong price on invoice
I found another insect to be squashed...

When paying via Visa, using RoboForm to automatically fill in my credit card information, the expiration date was 07/2013 and the payment screen rejected that as not being valid mm/yyyy. Huh??

I tried again, re-picking the exact same month and year, via using the page's drop down lists to pick values, and it was still rejected with the same error. Either 07 was not valid month and/or 2013 was not valid year. Huh???

I tried it a third time, picking the exact same values via drop-down lists, and that time it worked. I guess it's just that old cliche: "Third time's a charm!", thankfully not "3 strikes & you're out".

Try #2 and Try #3 were the exact same technique. All 3 attempts should have been valid.

• beat
  • beat
12 years 8 months ago #190696 by beat
Thanks. It is an intended security "feature" of our payment service provider (Ogone), as storing and transmitting credit-card data is not allowed on systems that are not PCI-DSS certified (including your PC) by PCI-DSS regulations...

Agree that an error message could be nicer, and will suggest that...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon